The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

9 hours ago, Codez27 said:

This has likely been explained but can someone explain LE contract to me and why we are unable to buy it out?

It is because the way the bonuses were structured.  It makes it so no result savings for a buyout.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Lucic likewise has a bonus payment.  But looking at the roster, I see no possible reason why we do such a trade, unless it is with one massive sweetener.  Roster is full without Eriksson, we just need to dispose of him, at hopefully a reasonable cost.  Zero reason to have another of the same, or actually a less-useful player, in fact.

Exaggeration overload.  We've added Miller, Myers, and Benn so far, losing the likes of Hutton, Pouliot, and Granlund, maybe Goldobin as well.  Look at the roster, we have some size and grit on every line, certainly more than in the past.

Lol...nothing has even been announced, ESPECIALLY with Benn wtf. 

Cap floor for the 2019-2020 season is $61.2 MIL.

Pre July 1 UFA season, here are the following teams that need to reach the cap floor:

Hurricanes - $1.300MIL

Jets - $2.572MIL

Panthers - $3.931MIL

Devils - $4.470MIL

Blue Jackets - $7.349MIL

Senators - $11.715MIL

Avalanche - $17.600MIL

Is there a deal to be had with any of these teams?

3 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Cap floor for the 2019-2020 season is $61.2 MIL.

Pre July 1 UFA season, here are the following teams that need to reach the cap floor:

Hurricanes - $1.300MIL

Jets - $2.572MIL

Panthers - $3.931MIL

Devils - $4.470MIL

Blue Jackets - $7.349MIL

Senators - $11.715MIL

Avalanche - $17.600MIL

Is there a deal to be had with any of these teams?

Maybe the Sens. All the others will be filling holes with those dollars soon enough.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol have you seen lucic play last couple years? it's not his skill.. it's his speed.. he's literally a moving pylon out there

I have seen him play a few times, and anyone that plays with McDavid will look like a pylon. He looked just as fast as the other guys when he was playing on the third/fourth line with Alex Chiasson. 

1 hour ago, Hutton Wink said:

Exaggeration overload.  We've added Miller, Myers, and Benn so far, losing the likes of Hutton, Pouliot, and Granlund, maybe Goldobin as well.  Look at the roster, we have some size and grit on every line, certainly more than in the past.

Exaggeration?  

You conveniently also left out Schenn (I really hope we resign him but it’s not looking good).  

Should I remind you that Guddy is no longer on our team?  

Myers is not a fighter.  

19 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Exaggeration?  

You conveniently also left out Schenn (I really hope we resign him but it’s not looking good).  

Myers is not a fighter.  

Because fighting is a key element of the game?  How many majors were there in the league last year?  We have more guys willing to drop if need be than before anyway.  And yes, Schenn's gone, who was a part-time fill-in and likely wouldn't make the starting 6 anyway.  Then there's the anti-Gudbranson gaggle who claim he's not even a tough guy, apparently when it's convenient.  Again, go look at the projected roster, and legitimize how you think they are going to be bullied by the other 30 teams.  It's nonsense.

• Cheers 1

53 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Exaggeration?  

Myers is not a fighter.  

Schenn may have more fights on his resumè but he is not really a good fighter  so losing him and adding Myers doesn’t hurt us at all. 

3 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I have seen him play a few times, and anyone that plays with McDavid will look like a pylon. He looked just as fast as the other guys when he was playing on the third/fourth line with Alex Chiasson. 

So u want to trade Eriksson with 3 years left on his contract with 11 goals.. for a guy that have 4 years on his contract with 6 goals cant kill penalty and cant play with the best player on the planet. How does that even make any sense. At this point I rather just eat the loui Eriksson cap hit for 3 years than take on lucic for an extra year.. unless Edmonton wants to toss on pool party as a sweetener for that extra year. No thx

6 minutes ago, wai_lai416 said:

So u want to trade Eriksson with 3 years left on his contract with 11 goals.. for a guy that have 4 years on his contract with 6 goals cant kill penalty and cant play with the best player on the planet. How does that even make any sense. At this point I rather just eat the loui Eriksson cap hit for 3 years than take on lucic for an extra year.. unless Edmonton wants to toss on pool party as a sweetener for that extra year. No thx

If Lucic is coming for Eriksson, I want any of: Puljujarvi, Ethan Bear, Tyler Benson or draft picks coming back.

Lucic could form a big solid line with Virtanen, and could be a strong net-front presence on the PP. He'd be of more use than a whiny Eriksson for the next three years.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Canadian said:

If Lucic is coming for Eriksson, I want any of: Puljujarvi, Ethan Bear, Tyler Benson or draft picks coming back.

Lucic could form a big solid line with Virtanen, and could be a strong net-front presence on the PP. He'd be of more use than a whiny Eriksson for the next three years.

Would rather not get Lucic even if he comes with a sweetener.

Hopefully we can unload LE to a cap floor team instead.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Not sure we need a guy like nyqvist there are some cheaper options out there:

Pat maroon 

Brandon tanev

Alex chiasson 

Bret Ritchie

Justin William's

Jason pominville

We have enough middle/bottom six players

6 minutes ago, Nicklas Bo Hunter said:

Not sure we need a guy like nyqvist there are some cheaper options out there:

Pat maroon 

Brandon tanev

Alex chiasson 

Bret Ritchie

Justin William's

Jason pominville

None of those, other than the clutch Jason Williams would produce much in the top six. Unquiet is a legit. top six option, unfortunately that is probably what prices him out of our range. 

I think the Canucks sign three defenders today and then see if there’s an ability to offload someone like Ericsson, Sutter, or Baertschi for top-six talent - perhaps from a cash-strapped team.

4 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Time for him to move to Ottawa,

Melnyk loves a $6M cap hit to get to the floor and only have to pay $1M for it. 

With the Hainsey signing they won't have trouble reaching the floor.  Only 2.3M short and 5 players to add - league minimum is 700K.