The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

4 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

When players retire like that, do they get money in an offshore account directly from Aquilini

If that ever got out, Bettman would penalize the Canucks with a 10 year ban on 1st round picks and a 100 million dollar fine. Just imagine that little midget’s wrath on the Canucks. He already hates our team.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

If that ever got out, Bettman would penalize the Canucks with a 10 year ban on 1st round picks and a 100 million dollar fine. Just imagine that little midget’s wrath on the Canucks. He already hates our team.

Ok, we talk very quiet then.

10 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Loui has restaurants?  In Sweden? 

At least had, in Gothenburg.

30 minutes ago, Crimson said:

I wonder if there is any chance Loui comes to camp in the fall with a chip on his shoulder.

I would love to see him stick it up everyone's hoop this season.

I can see it now:

Eriksson throws 3 hits in one preseason game and BREAKS THE INTERNET. 

I totally get that LE hasn't lived up to his contract no matter how you slice it, but I think 2 things that many fans forget are

1) LE is a garbage collector around the net and a defensive player (still one of the best PK:ers in the league). If he's put with EP and Boeser 5v5 for 20 games I'd say no way he gets less than 5-10 goals. And then we're having a different discussion.

2) LE signed the contract, but who offered it? Almost every team in the league has bad FA signings, and this is ours. So deal with it, it's not LE:s fault, somebody in our management had something to do with this, right?

I like the notion of LE coming to camp with a chip on his shoulder and proving to Travis and everybody else what kind of player he is. If he can't do that, well then we'll all have to live with the fact that his contract is an anchor going forward.

• Wat 2
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I'm not pushing for Lucic, but we aren't dumping LE easily (if Benning make an incredible deal, then even more praise for him then). So just trying to think positively in a situation like this. And as I've always been saying, it's not about Lucic that we get back, it's the sweetener (and it better be substantial to make it worth it). Any benefit to the team from Lucic is a bonus because it's not like LE is providing much more.

I kinda get what you are saying.

IMO Pulju is not a sweetener. He is a prospect bordering on bust that we simply don't have room for and no room to develop.  

Regardless of any sweetener the coilers may be willing to throw in to get rid of Lucic, we simply cannot take back a 6 million dollar per year player who can barely play anymore for 4 more seasons. It honestly doesn't matter what the sweetener is unless it was something stupid like two 1st round picks and a prospect. The reason it simply doesn't matter is taking on lucic at all puts the Canucks in cap hell for at least lucic's final 2 years.

I just don't see it.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, J-P said:

I totally get that LE hasn't lived up to his contract no matter how you slice it, but I think 2 things that many fans forget are

1) LE is a garbage collector around the net and a defensive player (still one of the best PK:ers in the league). If he's put with EP and Boeser 5v5 for 20 games I'd say no way he gets less than 5-10 goals. And then we're having a different discussion.

2) LE signed the contract, but who offered it? Almost every team in the league has bad FA signings, and this is ours. So deal with it, it's not LE:s fault, somebody in our management had something to do with this, right?

I like the notion of LE coming to camp with a chip on his shoulder and proving to Travis and everybody else what kind of player he is. If he can't do that, well then we'll all have to live with the fact that his contract is an anchor going forward.

No thanks. Three crap years was enough.....he is done with the Canucks.

Your suggestion is like a wife telling her wife beater husband....."you can have one more chance honey."  --> just plain stupid imo.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, J-P said:

Eriksson's biggest problem isn't his comments or even his poor production value the last few years. His two biggest problems are that one, this roster no longer needs him and two, I don't believe he suits the play style Green wants to play (who again, he actually has the personnel for now). I mean honestly, who are you taking out a 23 man roster for him?

That he wants out and the team wants him out are just the cherry on top.

1 minute ago, grandmaster said:

Not happening. LE is done as a Canuck. You don’t criticize the coach the way he did while the coach was the one who was protecting him! 

He got benched a total of just 1 game! Green would say nothing but positive things about LE while we all knew how bad he was. 

LE doesn’t deserve any more shots. If he doesn’t agree to a trade where the Canucks aren’t forced to give up significant assets, then he rides the bus in Utica. Plain and simple.

And we heard fro Weisbrod that Loui had been complaining the whole season about how Green was using him.  Weisbrod didn’t put it that way.  He said the team was not surprised by Loui’s comments, because they had been aware of this issue since the start of the season.  So Loui was complaining the entire year!  No way he should be back in our room.  

100% agree with you. 

• Cheers 1

Afraid this distraction could become contentious.

- he's whining to media in his homeland

- family moves back to Dallas. Ownership between these 2 teams have a bad history

- Bet his agents are sniffing around with that team(no permission, league would prob just snicker/their usual dbl-standard approach)

- This would feel to JB that Loui's 'camp' are trying to do his job for him. After ownership has PAID out 27,000,000 F***ing mill(almost a mill per goal!) for this dreadful anchor

^If the above is an approximate, succession of events, I could see JB/owners getting mighty steamed. Add the Florida Lu-penalty, & you have a nice framing, to complete this ugly picture.

At a certain point, digging in heels, they likely dump him as far down as possible(ECHL?), & the media-gloating/baiting won't end. In that event, we'd compensate by moving other vets(when possible), relying on youth(perhaps more than ideal) to compensate for 10% of the cap-limit flushed down the Lu/Lou/loo.