The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Eriksson “NOT” likely to be moved on

Loui to Ottawa for Gaborik after we pay out Loui's signing bonus. 

The remaining three years on Erikssons contract is actually less than what Gaborik is owed for the next two. Ottawa has had some luck with swedes, and perhaps they would take a chance on Eriksson playing better (and a better fit in their bottom 6). They are not a team at risk of going over the cap in the next three years so this could work out well for them.

Vancouver gets to unload that third year in the contract. Gaborik probably won't play but cap space isn't an issue for this year and next. 

• Upvote 2

I tried to be easy on Loui, but given how terrible he has been these last 3 years, his careless comments at the WHC,  and throwing unnecessary shade to Coach Green when he has done nothing but defend him the entire year... I have officially run out of $%*#s to give. 

Don’t know why he has been acting like a diva and being so entitled. Once his bonus is paid after July 1st, it shouldn’t be too difficult to move him, just as long as it’s not Lucic. The only way I’d entertain a Lucic deal is if the Oil included Pool-party and a draft pick. Probably won’t happen though. 

• Upvote 2

All that playing time Green gave Eriksson ( and we were complaining ) to close out season was a complete waste of time, as if he was gonna find his game and carry over onto next year.

We should've had invested our time into other forwards so we could accelerate some of the roster decisons going into next camp and now it appears Louie is gone anyways.

I'm good with a Lucic and Pulujarvi arrangement shipping Eriksson ( I just want him outta here!! ) out of here.

Lucic is disliked here but I bet it will only take one bit of drama where somebody leans too heavy on Petterrson and in comes Lucic pummeling the opponent and soon after the band wagon begins to roll. Meanwhile Pulujarvi who is so damn young can blend in nicley with our youth movement, I see some possibilities here!

48 minutes ago, 6string said:

All that playing time Green gave Eriksson ( and we were complaining ) to close out season was a complete waste of time, as if he was gonna find his game and carry over onto next year.

We should've had invested our time into other forwards so we could accelerate some of the roster decisons going into next camp and now it appears Louie is gone anyways.

I'm good with a Lucic and Pulujarvi arrangement shipping Eriksson ( I just want him outta here!! ) out of here.

Lucic is disliked here but I bet it will only take one bit of drama where somebody leans too heavy on Petterrson and in comes Lucic pummeling the opponent and soon after the band wagon begins to roll. Meanwhile Pulujarvi who is so damn young can blend in nicley with our youth movement, I see some possibilities here!

Those are good points. I think the only way to move him will be to take someone else’s awful contract. Loui won’t exactly be highly sought after... I mean what did he score 10 goals? And 6 of them were empty netters.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Standing_Tall#37 said:

Those are good points. I think the only way to move him will be to take someone else’s awful contract. Loui won’t exactly be highly sought after... I mean what did he score 10 goals? And 6 of them were empty netters.

He started his career here with an empty netter...-_-

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Little things Loui and Foundational player Sutter could both be gone next season for nothing and we'd be better off. As harsh as that sounds it's just flat out the truth. Dallas or Boston might take him. He played well for both teams. A team looking to hit the cap floor would be okay taking him after his bonus is paid out. As bad as his contract is, there are some options. Retaining cap won't be bad either. We have the cap space and we won't need it for 3-4 years anyway.

What is sad (scary) is JB signed and overpaid for both these under achieving players...what's scary about it? "who will JB sign with all this cap money...once these under performers are gone?"...JB has gotten better with trades like trading for Pearson and Leivo, however, his track record with pro scouting isn't the best...it's kind of a scary record.

Hope he keeps getting better with the trades and stays away from players that are on the downhill side of their careers.

4 hours ago, canucklehead44 said:

Loui to Ottawa for Gaborik after we pay out Loui's signing bonus. 

The remaining three years on Erikssons contract is actually less than what Gaborik is owed for the next two. Ottawa has had some luck with swedes, and perhaps they would take a chance on Eriksson playing better (and a better fit in their bottom 6). They are not a team at risk of going over the cap in the next three years so this could work out well for them.

Vancouver gets to unload that third year in the contract. Gaborik probably won't play but cap space isn't an issue for this year and next. 

Then Gaborik can finally use that house he bought here 10 years ago. :bigblush:

to be honest a Gaborik or Kovalchuk return for LE would be an alright backup to having him sent away for nothing which is the primary option.

Edited by Kobayashi Maru
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Mathew Barzal said:

What bunch of spiteful losers in this thread. It's not Loui's fault he's not a good player anymore, that's how ageing works. If you had eyes you'd see him putting in the effort to at least be serviceable on the defensive side of things. Blame Benning for that garbage contract, and the future garbage contracts to replace Loui's this offseason.

Spiteful losers? How about sick of having to defend him and his little thing? 

How about just pissed off he basically blames green, who also constantly defended him?

How about offended that his agent, who negotiated his contract, now goes and tries to throw JB under the bus for it?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, MystifyNCrucify said:

Spiteful losers? How about sick of having to defend him and his little thing? 

How about just pissed off he basically blames green, who also constantly defended him?

How about offended that his agent, who negotiated his contract, now goes and tries to throw JB under the bus for it?

Yup... Really disappointing situation. Poor green, he stood up for him so many times to the media (as you mentioned) 

It's a shame... I used to be a supporter of Loui as well and was hoping he'd turn it around but I don't like how he's handled himself as of late and hope he's moved on from soon. 

1 minute ago, apollo said:

Yup... Really disappointing situation. Poor green, he stood up for him so many times to the media (as you mentioned) 

It's a shame... I used to be a supporter of Loui as well and was hoping he'd turn it around but I don't like how he's handled himself as of late and hope he's moved on from soon. 

Yeah hes played his last game as a canuck. Bag of pucks and a dirty jockstrap. 

Benning takes that deal and runs. 

• Cheers 2

Good Riddance to MopHead. He will be a 40pt plus player on his new team. Horrible contract signing and got hosed on the structure of the deal. I hope Jim Benning learned and doesnt go and make the same mistake again to someone like Myers or Gardiner etc

• Upvote 1