The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Sharks trade Justin Braun to Flyers for 2019 2nd-round pick, 2020 3rd-round pick

1 minute ago, 73 Percent said:

Would have liled to be in on this but no way they trade with a division rival such as ourselves. 

Don't think the Canucks were interested in giving up picks for a 1-year rental either.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, mll said:

Josi is still under contract this season - it's next year that he will be a free agent.  They only have RFAs Sissons and Grimaldi to sign but do want to make changes to their team. It's not certain that Subban is the one on the move though.  

I think they’d prefer to move Turris as he really hasn’t fit in / adjusted to the west very well. My guess is given they have no issues this year, they hope he has a bit of a a resurgence and ship him out mid season for a younger center 

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

But but but no way Tanev is worth a FiRsT RoUnDeRz!!! Smh of course he is! Agree with you and shows what we could get it Jim just realizes we need to move on.

sounds like Edler is now willing to waive for expansion as per SN 650 radio so if we keep Edler maybe Tanev would be in play now. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, 73 Percent said:

I doubt the flyers are just renting him. 

Flyers are ready to contend now while the Canucks are still rebuilding.  There's still a lot of uncertainty and work to be done on the roster.  Not sure he would be interested in extending here vs a team that has the pieces already in place.  They had a bad season but Vigneault/Fletcher believe they can be contenders now.

2 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

I think they’d prefer to move Turris as he really hasn’t fit in / adjusted to the west very well. My guess is given they have no issues this year, they hope he has a bit of a a resurgence and ship him out mid season for a younger center 

They could also try and sell high on Bonino as Sissons can fill in his role.  Granlund hasn't fit in and they might try and trade him based on what he did in Minnesota before his value decreases.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, mll said:

Granlund hasn't fit in and they might try and trade him based on what he did in Minnesota before his value decreases.  

I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to get a guy Granlund can play with and keep him. Guys a player but they had too many passers on that line. They're not going to sell low on him IMO.

15 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Yes in that neither would waive a clause in their contract that would allow him to trade them. 

Gosh darn, tort law is annoying isn’t it?

Yup.  The player's, thanks to Gillis, had all the control in those two situations.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, aGENT said:

I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to get a guy Granlund can play with and keep him. Guys a player but they had too many passers on that line. They're not going to sell low on him IMO.

Turris and Smith are goal scorers - not passers.  Johansen is a passer but they don't play on the same line with Johansen playing with Forsberg/Arvidsson.

Poile did say at the trade that he hopes for Granlund to be on the team long term.  

Edited by mll

10 minutes ago, mll said:

They could also try and sell high on Bonino as Sissons can fill in his role.  Granlund hasn't fit in and they might try and trade him based on what he did in Minnesota before his value decreases.  

Ya I forgot about those guys, a lot of spare parts not working out for them 

4 minutes ago, flickyoursedin said:

Tanev with retention ;)

Honestly if this is market JB HAS to be trying to move Tanev for a mid first (with retention) of course. It’s a deep draft from 3-20 - we could solidify the rebuild if he can pull it off and is willing, both those issues are TBD. And even if he is willing, there always has to be a dance partner but this trade certainly sets a positive precedent.

Say what you want about the Sharks, but that Doug Wilson year in and year out fine tunes that team like a well run machine. Flipped Hoffman for picks last year and now getting picks for Braun this year. Steady balance in the Bay Area.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Turris had 7 goals...

Still not a real playmaking C but he never really found his goal scoring touch in Nashville.  Before last year's playoffs his play just dropped and he never got back on track - he also had several injuries this season.

Edited by mll

6 minutes ago, 18W-40C-6W said:

Honestly if this is market JB HAS to be trying to move Tanev for a mid first (with retention) of course. It’s a deep draft from 3-20 - we could solidify the rebuild if he can pull it off and is willing, both those issues are TBD. And even if he is willing, there always has to be a dance partner but this trade certainly sets a positive precedent.

If what the boys on 650 are right about Edler being fine without a NTC and just wants term then trading Tanev retained and signing Edler should be the option A.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2