The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks inquired about Sabres defenceman

I can see Buttman walking up to the podium for our pick and everyone booing while he says "you guys are gonna wanna hear this" the same way he did in NJ when we traded for Bo. If GMJB feels like he is not gaining any traction on a 1-4 dman and more sign by Friday, I can see him panicking and trading for one.   

Edited by Odjick29willkillyou
  • Wat 2

1 minute ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

I can see Buttman walking up to the podium for our pick and everyone booing while he says "you guys are gonna wanna hear this" the same way he did in NJ when we traded for Bo. If he feels like he is not gaining any traction on a 1-4 dman and more sign by Friday, I can see him panicking and trading for one.   

i would dangle the 10th pick, and only trade it if a tea massively overpays.

Bogosian might actually be a decent add. The price will (or at least, should) be extremely low. He had a pretty good season last year, and will be playing for a new contract.

It could be a case of getting something for almost nothing other than taking his contract, and then flipping him at the deadline with 50% retained for a pick.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Bogosian might actually be a decent add. The price will (or at least, should) be extremely low. He had a pretty good season last year, and will be playing for a new contract.

It could be a case of getting something for almost nothing other than taking his contract, and then flipping him at the deadline with 50% retained for a pick.

I could see this and have him play on 3rd pair... but he better come CHEAP and/or with sweetener as a cap dump.

Bogo is not the D we're looking for.

ibo0i.jpg

And far better if it's actually Ristolainen.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Hockey buddy of mine in Buffalo knows BOGO well due to his team's partnership with the Sabes and says he is a very solid character guy who sticks up for teammates when it gets rough. He is a solid 3-4 add and probably worth a 3rd IMO. 

• Upvote 1

I don't see how we have the assets to trade for Risto. People toss around next year's 1st regularly but I would be real bummed if we trade that. If the Ottawa situation has proven anything, it's that bottom teams can not afford to trade future 1st round picks. Who knows where this team is next year.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Odjick29willkillyou said:

Hockey buddy of mine in Buffalo knows BOGO well due to his team's partnership with the Sabes and says he is a very solid character guy who sticks up for teammates when it gets rough. He is a solid 3-4 add and probably worth a 3rd IMO. 

Sounds like the kind of guy you want out there to back up Hughes and Pettersson...

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

I don't see how we have the assets to trade for Risto. People toss around next year's 1st regularly but I would be real bummed if we trade that. If the Ottawa situation has proven anything, it's that bottom teams can not afford to trade future 1st round picks. Who knows where this team is next year.

Yeah, I'm not likely trading next year's 1st either.