The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ryan Callahan diagnosed with degenerative back disease, likely will no longer play professional hockey

Rate this topic

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Ryan Callahan diagnosed with degenerative back disease, will no longer play professional hockey
  • -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Ryan Callahan diagnosed with degenerative back disease, likely will no longer play professional hockey

I suspect every hockey player over the age of thirty could get this diagnosis.

amazing how he league lets so many teams circumvent the cap but when Luongo signs a legal contract they feel the need to penalize us. 

Luckily Lou is in Florida now so the league will bail them out and us along with them. 

• Upvote 3

He might actually have a disease, it does however, seem to happen a lot, to teams that are in really bad cap situations.

He's not as old as Hossa was when he "developed" an allergy to hockey, but who knows.

Its going to make the soon to be announced, "Luongo is allergic to puck rubber, makes him break out in weird bruises..." situation, a lot easier for other teams to believe :)

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Pizza said:

Come on guys, maybe he actually does have that disease. Maybe he's been playing with a bad back all this time. It would explain his horrible stats the last 5 years. I would play with a bad back too if there was 5.8 million reasons to do so per year.

This is the first post I've seen from you and I already hate this account. Please stop making me hungry immediately after eating lunch. 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Pizza said:

Come on guys, maybe he actually does have that disease. Maybe he's been playing with a bad back all this time. It would explain his horrible stats the last 5 years. I would play with a bad back too if there was 5.8 million reasons to do so per year.

The timing of the announcement is impeccable. I mean, seriously.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

He might actually have a disease, it does however, seem to happen a lot, to teams that are in really bad cap situations.

He's not as old as Hossa was when he "developed" an allergy to hockey, but who knows.

Its going to make the soon to be announced, "Luongo is allergic to puck rubber, makes him break out in weird bruises..." situation, a lot easier for other teams to believe :)

The itchy skin one is the biggest joke... Its not like they couldn't develop some sort of lining in his equipment or buy new equipment every 2 or 3 games... he was making 5 mil per season.

Edited by CanuckinEdm
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

The itchy skin one is the biggest joke... Its not like they couldn't develop some sort of lining in his equipment or buy new equipment every 2 or 3 games... he was making 5 mil per season.

Yup, take an antihistamine lol 

2 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

lol I know  a bad case of jock itch  , most players wear something then equipment, , like how does he wear normal clothes then ?