The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Sakic got 2 more great draft picks today. 

He's building a powerhouse. 

I think he keeps Barrie and see how season unfolds. 

Why put Makar as top pair RD to start the season. Barrie could be moved at TDL if thats theor plan. 

Early bold prediction:

Colorado finishes 1st in the West next season.

• Upvote 3

18 minutes ago, 24K PureCool said:

Give credit where credit is due. Their offseasons is very fun to keep track of. So much drama and player movement.

Meh. Not my cup of tea. To each their own. I'm not going knock it just really don't understand how people enjoy it.

6 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

I hope his English remains terrible. That’s the Russian way. Evgeni Malkin is the man. 

Better than picking a Frenchman. 

What a stupid remark.

Let's see... a few of the 'Frenchmen' who dominated the NHL:

Mario Lemieux, Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur, Jean Beliveau, Denis Potvin, Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur, etc. etc. etc.

Edited by *Buzzsaw*

1 minute ago, N7Nucks said:

Not gonna lie, all the guys I was hoping would be around at our 2nd leaving in the first is hurting my soul. Lol. 

But doesn't that mean that guys you didn't think would be around will now be around?

2 minutes ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

I think the GM's who are jumping on the US Development team bandwagon and drafting players from this team are quite possibly making a mistake.

This stacked team made a lot of decently talented players look better than they actually are because they were all concentrated in one group.

I don't like all the Smurf picks.... these types of players look good in the regular season, but as we saw in the 2019 Stanley Cup playoffs, they don't look quite so good when the playoffs start and the intensity and physicality gets turned up to max and the Refs put away their whistles.  St Louis Blues were the biggest team in the playoffs and were stacked with guys who liked to hit.  They won by wearing down the opposition with punishing physical play combined with speed on the forecheck.  They basically wore their opponents out.

No more Smurfs in Vancouver... we need big physical players who have good speed.

Always a possibility for sure. But they make high iq plays though, which is why they did so well. They have the raw talent. I'd argue that guys like Boldy fall into that category though. 

1 minute ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

What a stupid remark.

Let's see... a few of the 'Frenchmen' who dominated the NHL:

Mario Lemieux, Maurice Richard, Guy Lafleur, Jean Beliveau, Denis Potvin, etc. etc. etc.

He was just teasing french people...  You're taking it too seriously.

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

You take that back :( NBA draft is a snoozer though. After the first 4-6 picks it really doesn't matter. They trade 1st rounders like it's candy in the NBA. Why? Cause the draft really is a lot of nothing. Lol.

Yeah. I tried paying attention to it but man it is so slow. I just can't stand basketball's athlete's to be honest.