The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2019 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

2 minutes ago, arsenalian said:

Yup, really hoping for Korczak myself. The Rockets are a D-man factory right now.

Yup that is who I am hoping for, also was hoping Foote would be around for our 2nd but that aint happening now.

Not sure why people want to go after Leason, kid is 20, he should have dominated even more in Junior imo. Maybe I have a sour taste in my mouth from past drafts where we took over agers and they all were duds...

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DontFockWithBrock said:

Egor Afanasyev played in the USHL this past season and looks like he's committed to the OHL this upcoming season. Does he have the option to play in the AHL the following year? I don't know the rules here but I recall some prospects needing 2 years of junior following the draft before they can go to the AHL while other prospects only needed 1 year. 

Edit: I'm wrong

I think you are right about the 2 years thing, since he's based in NA

Edited by Baer.

To me, we should pick a forward with our 40th. Defenseman around our pick look underwhelming and I doubt Korzack gets to 40.

Dorofeyev, Leason, Kaliyev, or Afansyev, or Lavoie IMO.

All of them big and skilled guys. I really hope we get Dorofeyev, yet another player with a complete package. If not Leason.

• Upvote 1

https://mobile.twitter.com/reporterchris/status/1142466497039626240?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Wow canes got a conditional 2020 1st rounder from the leafs to Carolina for a 6th rounder And Patrick Marleau. Damn I would’ve taken that cap dump for a first. 

Edited by EP Phone Home
  • Upvote 1