The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

I feel like that fact that he cant come over for 2 years could be the perfect recipe for a cup run on his ELC. By that time player like Juolevi, Woo, Hughes, Demko and others will be likely and hopefully be strong contributors on the squad and he could provide a huge boost in our top 6 to put us over the edge.

Glad he fell to us. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

Add Miller.  

This is a big team all of a sudden.  

At least up front.  

Move Tanev.  

Bring on another d man thru FA, Myers,  re sign Schenn and bring back Trymakin and we have a big mobile defence with Hughes, OJ and Stecher for the skill.  

Not a mean team, but big and mobile with some super skilled players to utilize their line mates.  

I like the new looking nucks, just need to lose the deadweight middle 6 players like Eriksson and it's a happy post/pre season.  

Tanev = Mr. Glass.

3 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Marc Crawford on 1040 said he knows a lot of people who think Pod is the best talent in the entire draft.

JB did great to make this pick.

Top three in the forwards for sure.  Podkolzin plays the right way.  

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Grape said:

Does anyone know if Podkolzin doesn't know any English yet? Or is he one of those guys that understands and speaks a bit but just isn't fluent enough to do it on his own?

Malkin barely gave interviews in english for first few years. 

Pod likely knows very little. He's likely too shy to talk in English for a while yet.  

I'm sure Canucks will arrange him to start taking lessons and learming pretty soon. 

• Cheers 2

2 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Malkin barely gave interviews in english for first few years. 

Pod likely knows very little. He's likely too shy to talk in English for a while yet.  

I'm sure Canucks will arrange him to start taking lessons and learming pretty soon. 

I doubt it. He will probably work on it himself if he cares about it, if not they will probably help once he's here.

34 minutes ago, cyoung said:

I doubt it. He will probably work on it himself if he cares about it, if not they will probably help once he's here.

Just get himself a Canadian girlfriend when he comes over

He'll learn in no time.. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

I’m back to where I left of last night, two years from now:

Panarin - Pettersson - Boeser

Miller - Horvat - Podkolzin

Virtanen - Madden - Gaudette

Leivo - MacEwen - Roussel

Q.Hughes - Woo

Juolevi - Edler

Tryamkin - L.Hughes

Markstrom 

Demko

Edited by J-23

1 hour ago, Odd. said:

This guy makes Matthew Tkachuk seem less of a douche.

Vasili Podkolzin hockey player photo

Similar playstyle to Tkachuk as well.

I was thinking the same, only this kid might have the balls to back up his attitude, not like the turtle Tkachuk.

Watching his media availability, he has a death stare to match EP.  Probably a combination of nerves and talking through a translator but boy, he comes across as a badass.  If he can back this up the fans here will love him.  Welcome to Vancity VP

• Upvote 1