The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Vasily Podkolzin | #92 | RW

5 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

How dare a young player grow or change from a 17/18 year old.   Cat eater - watch your words.

I’m thinking Podzilla is going to fast become a fan favourite.  He reminds me of to great 

Russian from the ‘72 series - Alexander Yakushev.  

2 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking Podzilla is going to fast become a fan favourite.  He reminds me of to great 

Russian from the ‘72 series - Alexander Yakushev.  

Stop going to players from before I was born (lol).   From what I saw of him (live twice so not great amount other than what anyone else with KHL feed can get) is that he is a pass first guy which isn't common for a power forward type.   The last NHL player that I can think of like that actually played for Vancouver for a while - Bertuzzi.   I think this kid has a similar skillset and chip on his shoulder as well as being very hard to move when he puts his mind to being in a place on the ice.   Unique talent that will be more important than the scoresheet indicates and doubt he ever scores as much as Bertuzzi but he may be equally important to team success.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Stop going to players from before I was born (lol).   From what I saw of him (live twice so not great amount other than what anyone else with KHL feed can get) is that he is a pass first guy which isn't common for a power forward type.   The last NHL player that I can think of like that actually played for Vancouver for a while - Bertuzzi.   I think this kid has a similar skillset and chip on his shoulder as well as being very hard to move when he puts his mind to being in a place on the ice.   Unique talent that will be more important than the scoresheet indicates and doubt he ever scores as much as Bertuzzi but he may be equally important to team success.

Did you see the Big M (Frank Mahovlic) play?  Podzilla plays a lot like that too.  :towel:

42 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Did you see the Big M (Frank Mahovlic) play?  Podzilla plays a lot like that too.  :towel:

&^@# Alf, how old are you?.   I had to Google the guy and he was in black and white....

Edit - why when I typed an english word that is standard hockey vocabulary (used as a noun, adjective and otherwise) but on the post it says &^@#....four year olds know how to say &^@#.....can't use it on a hockey platform?   What about (%$## or (%^_+$$#    or even &%&^&&*#$    and, last but not least, %^&#%@^&@&^#$ and then some.    Right?

Edited by Rob_Zepp
confused
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes, clearly I do think that given the number of posts about it and NO I do not feel those #'s need to be accurate.   Who cares?!      The fact you keep posting about it is weird....seriously.

So what if it is 2021...ffs?   You are not buying him on a per pound basis for a BBQ or getting some equivalence of his height in pay or ????    Good Gawd (or ffs if that is what you prefer), he is as tall and heavy as he is.   How he plays hockey for the Canucks is what matters - his personal measurements are what they are and the fact that various internet sources have different values is a concern or fixation?   Really ?!?

It is almost as some want something about this kid to be "wrong" or to "prove" some bizarre point.    What about discussing him as a player and, as I assume you are a fan of the Canucks, supporting him through his development and enjoy the progression.    I seriously doubt a discussion would ever be "Boy the Podz kid was great last year for us but would sure like him more if he was 6'2" versus 6'4" inches" or "Kid had some hiccups in his first year but bet next year will be better when his height is more accurate on the web".    That doesn't sound bizarre to you?

I get why you might be a little puzzled by all the print on this subject.............

But seriously Robb

Why do you think your hockey card has your height and weight on it, if not for those that want to know?

Why does the NHL, KHL, CapFriendly, countless prospect evaluators, etc all post these facts?

IMO, people want to know everything about their players, and Podkolzin is the new shiny penny

I also think it underlines what sites actually do a little homework, and therefore people think them either

trustworthy or not

For me, he is big enough and heavy enough, but generally, bigger guys that are talented, beat out little guys who are talented

This takes the discussion all the way to the playoffs.............

But I have to admit, it is his play that is far more important

• Vintage 1

29 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

&^@# Alf, how old are you?.   I had to Google the guy and he was in black and white....

Be nice Rob; I watched him on black & white TV in the mid 60's when I was a teenager when he was playing for the Laughers.B)

We can only hope he comes even close to scoring as many goals as Frank the tank did.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 2

43 minutes ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

I get why you might be a little puzzled by all the print on this subject.............

But seriously Robb

Why do you think your hockey card has your height and weight on it, if not for those that want to know?

Why does the NHL, KHL, CapFriendly, countless prospect evaluators, etc all post these facts?

IMO, people want to know everything about their players, and Podkolzin is the new shiny penny

I also think it underlines what sites actually do a little homework, and therefore people think them either

trustworthy or not

For me, he is big enough and heavy enough, but generally, bigger guys that are talented, beat out little guys who are talented

This takes the discussion all the way to the playoffs.............

But I have to admit, it is his play that is far more important

Sure it had my height and weight on it but who cared if it wasn't accurate?    Do you think people really cared?   I am sure management knows the dimensions and performance potential of its players.    

As far as this kid, he is a horse physically - big dude.     He will be considered a "bigger guy" from anyone who runs into him regardless if he is 6'4" or 7' tall.    

• Cheers 2

20 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Be nice Rob; I watched him on black & white TV in the mid 60's when I was a teenager when he was playing for the Laughers.B)

We can only hope he comes even close to scoring as many goals as Frank the tank did.

LOL - me and cat eater have had some fun on the board in the past....he knows to not take me seriously whatsoever.   Don't know him at all but bet he is good people that would be easy to have beers with and have him educate me about hockey in the Cretaceous :ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

29 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Sure it had my height and weight on it but who cared if it wasn't accurate?    Do you think people really cared?   I am sure management knows the dimensions and performance potential of its players.    

As far as this kid, he is a horse physically - big dude.     He will be considered a "bigger guy" from anyone who runs into him regardless if he is 6'4" or 7' tall.    

Oh I know, but people would talk about my Grand Mother if she had hockey skates on in the summer.............

The definition of the word "Fan" is from the word "Fanatic".................I am sure it does not resonate the same to you as a regular fan

But alot of us eat, breath and sleep hockey, and you guys are our hero's

Nothing better than a new shiny hero! LOL

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RomanP said:

Regarding Podkolzin’s height - if there were no weird angles on his picture with Klimovich and if they are indeed same height, then he’s definitely 6’2”, because that is verified height of Danila :-)

Who says that Klimovich's weight and height are accurate? This could just be one big conspiracy ! :ph34r:

• Haha 1

Just now, J.I.A.H.N said:

Who says that Klimovich's weight and height are accurate? This could just be one big conspiracy ! :ph34r:

Can’t confirm the weight, but I know my height quite well. Have been 6’2” for the last 36 years. And Danila and I are the same height :-)

• Cheers 1

14 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Glad to read the voice of reason is back! Missed greatly.

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Yes, clearly I do think that given the number of posts about it and NO I do not feel those #'s need to be accurate.   Who cares?!      The fact you keep posting about it is weird....seriously.

So what if it is 2021...ffs?   You are not buying him on a per pound basis for a BBQ or getting some equivalence of his height in pay or ????    Good Gawd (or ffs if that is what you prefer), he is as tall and heavy as he is.   How he plays hockey for the Canucks is what matters - his personal measurements are what they are and the fact that various internet sources have different values is a concern or fixation?   Really ?!?

It is almost as some want something about this kid to be "wrong" or to "prove" some bizarre point.    What about discussing him as a player and, as I assume you are a fan of the Canucks, supporting him through his development and enjoy the progression.    I seriously doubt a discussion would ever be "Boy the Podz kid was great last year for us but would sure like him more if he was 6'2" versus 6'4" inches" or "Kid had some hiccups in his first year but bet next year will be better when his height is more accurate on the web".    That doesn't sound bizarre to you?

again, me wanting to have correct data on players has nothing to do with me being fixated on it.. stop making such wild assumptions and being so judgmental..

and I mentioned it being 2021 because it should be easier than ever to collect and report accurate data 

Edited by 'NucK™
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, J.I.A.H.N said:

Thank you!! never thought I'd see the day where someone is gatekeeping fans from wanting to know the height and weight of their team's players.. :blink:

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, 'NucK™ said:

again, me wanting to have correct data on players has nothing to do with me being fixated on it.. stop making such wild assumptions and being so judgmental..

and I mentioned it being 2021 because it should be easier than ever to collect and report accurate data 

The 1,304 posts you have on the subject suggest otherwise.    Cheers!   B)

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

47 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Glad to read the voice of reason is back! Missed greatly.

Looks like some names are changed but some of the insanity persists.    Just can't wait until actual games start.   :lol:

Hope things have been well.   Crazy times.    

• Cheers 2