The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

6 minutes ago, babalu said:

If this is the case... That's a good signing.  Good term and salary for Myers in this market.

Hope it doesn't come with a full or any NTC.  Then it will be an excellent signing.... 

Edited by Hogs & Podz

Just now, Virtanen#18 said:

Then JB gotta trade away guys that can't really help us to more cap room! Alternatively, we can grab a guy like Berglund who wants a return to NHL... low risk, high reward potentially! 

Makes me wonder how the Eriksson situation will play out... can't handle the suspense!!

Doesn't seem like Benning is confident that he'll be able to shed much salary, otherwise we'd still be trying to improve the top 6. If Benning is already giving up on that, it tells me he really doesn't think there's much hope of gaining any cap space.

• Cheers 1

I just hope the guy can come in and play well and do his job.  I doubt it will be a deal where the economics look good but if he could come in and play a solid 20 mins/night that would be big. Hopefully the term is under 7 but right-shot D seem to hold their value into their thirties. 

2 minutes ago, Rough Neck said:

This is a good deal. Everyone expected 6-7 years. He got five. Everyone expected his term to be 6.5-7.5m and he gets 6. Less time and money. 

Not everyone ;)

...but what will all those claiming to KNOW it would be terrible, including... "it'll be the worst Canuck contract of all time" have to say?  Where is that guy, lol.

Edited by Hutton Wink
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, babalu said:

That's....not as terrible as I thought it would be. I'm not going to sing from the rooftops or anything (I was never going to be happy with anything over 4 years regardless), but considering some of the numbers that were being thrown out there, I guess I'll take it.

2 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Doesn't seem like Benning is confident that he'll be able to shed much salary, otherwise we'd still be trying to improve the top 6. If Benning is already giving up on that, it tells me he really doesn't think there's much hope of gaining any cap space.

Honestly man... I won't lose sleep over Nyquist or Marcus Johansson... I would rather see him make a ballsy move in trading picks + any combo of Sutter/Eriksson + Gaudette/Virtanen/Tanev to land is another quality forward or two!

Failure to do a shakeup or sign up a low risk, high reward winger will just slightly improve the team but no real hopes for playoffs!