The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

19 minutes ago, Me_ said:

If Ferland were to sign here it would be great.

I would still flip one for one Eriksson for Lucic.

MILLER - PETTERSSON - BOESER

PEARSON - HORVAT - VIRTANEN

LUCIC - SUTTER - FERLAND

LEIVO - BEAGLE - MOTTE (Old News)

Sutter may avoid the injury bug that way...

I was in the no-way to Lucic camp, until I saw that line-up you posted.  I like the looks of that!  As another poster said, that would be a tough line-up to play against and that's exactly what we need more of.  Well done sir.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

No, I have different take. I’m not breaking the rules and I should be able to speak my mind just like you. 

Back to the topic. Tyler Myers is Tall and gets paid too much money. 

and is decent on the PK  but can't make an outlet pass from his own end of the ice.....

• Wat 1

13 minutes ago, Pure961089 said:

Myers is the perfect Ying to Hughes’s Yang.   We have a huge stay at home Defenceman who can clear the front of the net and Hughes will operate like a 4th forward.  Canucks just got more exciting.  

But that is not Myers strength at all.  His strength is in skating and offense. Scouts say his defense is the problem and can be subpar.

He would fit better with Edler because of that.  He is not a stay at home D man.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 6string said:

You're a Jake Gardiner fan aren't you?1545600.gif.bb18a98dac0ea35e16a55735fb9b3625.gif

Actually I’m a fan of development. I’d like us to develop an abundance of assets. Move pieces that demand big contracts for their contributions and replace them with another fresh ELC ready to prove his worth. Kinda what could happened with Edler if OJ wasn’t a complete bust. 

Id like to see us draft a minimum of 3 D-men a year. Because they are the most valuable currency. As you can see from today’s results. FA forwards are very easy to get. 

If this team never touched FA since black haired Jim took over we would be in the exact some place as we are today except only with greater cap flexibility. All that money he spent did nothing to make this team better. Why does everyone think that this July 1st is going to be any different? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Bubble Man said:

Ok, thanks

One last thing, we're not homers. We are real fans who are happy and optimistic with the moves Canucks made. Will it work out or not? Nobody knows and only time can tell. But we love our team unconditionally and won't approve of anyone who tries to smear the management or the owners based on their personal agenda and blind hatred.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Interesting players still out there the Canucks could target to shore up their depth:

Johansson

Ferland

Dzingel

Chiarot

Engelland

McQuaid

Pommenville

Would think we could grab Buzingle for a reasonable amount.  Dude puts up goals and points, made $1.8mil the past couple years.

image.png.34f10559ec5e8bfd2c79b94028b91afd.png

1 minute ago, iceman64 said:

Your saying that OJ is a complete bust when he hasn't played a single game because of 2 injuries yet kind of shows your flawed way of thinking or lack thereof... you want development but not willing to see it through and call it a bust if it doesn't happen right away? Uhhh

"TROLL ALERT"

It's always nice when they self-identify so you can ready the iggy trigger.

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Me_ said:

You may not be breaking the rules of this board, but you are breaking the positive synergy of this exciting day.

If some guy on the internet is breaking the positive synergy of this “exciting” day than maybe you have bigger problems than some guy on the internet. 

Just now, Bubble Man said:

If some guy on the internet is breaking the positive synergy of this “exciting” day than maybe you have bigger problems than some guy on the internet. 

Yeah. Your negative attitude.

Edited by Me_
  • Cheers 1

54 minutes ago, Bubble Man said:

I like how Both LE and Myers have the same cap hit being that they will be equally as disappointing.

For the most part our team is basically the same as last year competitive wise.

Edler is older, and has a contract now. Doesn’t care if he wins which is why he insists on being here.

Hughes is phenomenal but young and his virgin body will wear down. 

Tanev is going to give Sami Salo a run the most injured human ever. 

Stetcher is stetcher sure wish he was taller 

Myers has the coordination of a pubescent and the endurance of my 320 lbs alcoholic uncle Alex.

Benn got that contract not because Benning is a genius but because he isn’t that good. 

TJ Miller isn’t worth a 1st and 3rd. 

Happy Canada Day Homer’s 

Happy Canada Day to you too troll. HF boards crash over the JB apocalypse or something?

• Haha 4