The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

23 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

I wonder if they’d take stetcher Sutter and a 2nd for Risto. 

That’s actually considerably worse than Raymond , Ballard, and a 1st. 

Although the second round pick is quite good, it’s effectively a low 1st if we miss the playoffs again.

7 minutes ago, WalkWithElias40 said:

Lmao how are ppl mad about upgrading our defence today ? I dont get it, i just really dont ..

today was a good day.. benning addressed the need on defence !

wake up ppl we legit got 2 free defencemen witbout giving up assets 

Benning wants to build a winning culture with the young kids now... time to bring winning mentality in the locker room , no more tanking for 1st overall mentality!

gosh! Cheer the eff up! 

Are people actually mad? Haven't been reading this thread since the first few hours of FA this morning, but at that time it was overwhelmingly positive with the deal.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Bubble Man said:

Actually I’m a fan of development. I’d like us to develop an abundance of assets. Move pieces that demand big contracts for their contributions and replace them with another fresh ELC ready to prove his worth. Kinda what could happened with Edler if OJ wasn’t a complete bust. 

Id like to see us draft a minimum of 3 D-men a year. Because they are the most valuable currency. As you can see from today’s results. FA forwards are very easy to get. 

If this team never touched FA since black haired Jim took over we would be in the exact some place as we are today except only with greater cap flexibility. All that money he spent did nothing to make this team better. Why does everyone think that this July 1st is going to be any different? 

That's your opinion, cool.

But you are a Jake Gardiner fan right?

20 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

Are people actually mad? Haven't been reading this thread since the first few hours of FA this morning, but at that time it was overwhelmingly positive with the deal.

Yea man i was reading the reports from twitter and listening to the radio earlier, i was shocked to hear some angry fans about myers signing lol

I'm happy with today signings. This one especially. I'm quite pleased at management going out and getting improvements on D at reasonable cost and term. 

I'm quite baffled by anyone who expected Myers to take a pay cut as a ufa. It's not seven years and it's only 500k more a year than he made last season, that's great on July 1st. Is he the savior of our defense? Of course he's not, but he's one of 6-7 guys who will be playing regular shifts for us on the back end and he's certainly an improvement over some of the regulars we had last season. Benn's a nice piece too, he's a great third pairing guy who can play tough minutes and bring some physicality and toughness to our d core. He can also move up in a pinch.

Management had eyes on improving our defense and they've done just that, whether it's enough to help get us into the playoffs remains to be seen but in the meantime things could certainly be worse. 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Surprised people aren't slamming Benning for doing this, especially of the plethora of "slam Benning" threads lately...

He gets slammed when he does really retarded stuff like the Miller trade. This is actually okay but I might be desensitized by all his horrible moves that this move might be seem normal or passable in comparison when in reality, it isn’t. We shall see once the season starts.

• Wat 5

14 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

From start of last season to now:

Gudbranson, Hutton, MDZ, Pouliot out

Myers, Benn, Hughes, Fantenberg in

Myers >>> Gudbranson

Hughes >>> MDZ

Benn = Hutton (give or take one way or another, both ideally 3rd pair)

Fantenberg > Pouliot (He can't be worse)

Not sure yet if its a playoff defense, I think that'll comes down to where Quinn Hughes is at, & how well Myers plays. (aswell as injuries). But its better today than at any point the prior 2-3 years, so I'm happy. 

I think if Woo and Juolevi can step it up, thats a playoff defense right there. I really hope Im right!

• Cheers 1