The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

Just now, rekker said:

Wrong. National media is Toronto centered and it's so obvious. Did you watch the 2011 coverage? Mclean's chop job on Burrows, ever listen to Craig Simpson call a Leafs game. I could go on and on. This factor alone makes them biased against other Canadian teams just by default. Exceptions to Rogers love in with the Oilers and the insesetual love of the Flames led by Mclean, Hrudey and Cassie Campbell. 

Yeah and I'm sure fans of all the other Canadian teams say the same crap about Bieksa.

Get over it lol

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 2

At 50% retained a lot of teams would be interested in Tyler Myers (especially if they didn’t watch last nights game).  What asset do you think we could get for Myers at 50% retained?

maybe a 2’nd? 

this would leave us a 3 Million cap hit next season before he is a UFA. This would be pretty manageable. 

This signing was a little long, should have been a 4 year deal, and if the cap had continued to rise as was expected before Covid, we'd be around a 92 million cap right now and no one would care about this contract. Benning did what ALL GM's have been doing pre Covid, they were over paying a little to get the player, banking on the rising cap making the contract look good in hindsight.

Time to GET over it!

This summer, once we have paid his 5 million signing bonus, leaving 1 million on the table, he becomes a very movable contract to a team at the lower end of the cap, like Arizona who would LOVE to get to the 62 million projected cap floor while only spending 50 million since they playing at least next season in a 5,000 seat arena.

This contract isn't worth continuing to talk about, he will be moved this summer without retaining salary.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

What exactly is the point of digging up old threads like this? Is it just to laugh at people that were optimistic about the signing at the time? That seems really petty and pretty telling of a person's character. 

On 6/30/2019 at 10:40 PM, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Now let's go back in the thread, find all the people that were saying he would get 7x7 and laugh at them :lol:

1 hour ago, kanucks25 said:

So let me get this straight.

Someone says at the time of this signing that it is completely idiotic and will never work out and they get called a troll, fake fan, go cheer for the Leafs, go look at charts with Chayka, etc.

Then the predictable happens.

Now that person is the bad guy for saying I told you so? And the people who were wrong at the time, instead of graciously admitting to their shortcomings, are going to be upset that it's being brought up now?

Talk about a high horse. :bigblush:

You know I wanted to draft Myers then after his rookie season I was so disappointed we didn't draft him. After our draft pick fiasco I was again disappointed we didn't draft him. Upon signing him I was happy but not big on the term but understood free agency generally benefits the player and now here in 2023 I'm very disappointed, this time about having Myers!:lol:

20 minutes ago, rekker said:

Wrong. National media is Toronto centered and it's so obvious. Did you watch the 2011 coverage? Mclean's chop job on Burrows, ever listen to Craig Simpson call a Leafs game. I could go on and on. This factor alone makes them biased against other Canadian teams just by default. Exceptions to Rogers love in with the Oilers and the insesetual love of the Flames led by Mclean, Hrudey and Cassie Campbell. 

The whole world hates us!!!:frantic:

• Haha 1
  • elephant 1

23 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Yeah and I'm sure fans of all the other Canadian teams say the same crap about Bieksa.

Get over it lol

your canucks membership has been revoked due to the blasphemous take on bieksa.

Juice is as straightforward as you can be as a hockey analyst.

When J.T was at his worst Juice ripped him on national tv, thats sure canucks homerism right?

or we can all aspire to be Kelly hrudey where everything is flames and they never do anything wrong, if there is a situation its everyone elses fault. Tkachuk v kassian, Tkachuk in general, defense of markstrom etc

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

When J.T was at his worst Juice ripped him on national tv, thats sure canucks homerism right?

or we can all aspire to be Kelly hrudey where everything is flames and they never do anything wrong, if there is a situation its everyone elses fault. Tkachuk v kassian, Tkachuk in general, defense of markstrom etc

A couple fans I spoke to in Edmonton said his honesty and knowledge was refreshing, we also bonded over bashing Darnell Nurse and that the Oilers should replace him with Sarah since she's the tougher Nurse anyway. But hey, I only see what I wanna see right?

• There it is 1

2 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I don't have a problem with Juice, but I know fans of other teams do.

Whether he's fair or not doesn't really matter, that's where the bias comes in.

It goes both ways.

4 minutes ago, GhostsOf1994 said:

I have certainly heard Kelly criticize the flames. Now Rick Ball that's a different story.

• Vintage 1