The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Tyler Myers to Vancouver

10 hours ago, coryberg said:

You picked one (who was an overpaid undervalued ufa) and made your sole argument over that? 

Amature hour

Holy f*ck spell amateur correctly if you are going to call someone one.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, awalk said:

Holy f*ck spell amateur correctly if you are going to call someone one.

The irony of being called out by the spelling police who as it so happens can't spell a four letter word.

• Haha 1

Once his bonus is payed out you feel like he should be easy to move. For a non playoff team he could be a smart investment. Costs 6 mill on the cap but only owed 1 million so you could essentially pay a 5th rounder or later to get him then retain and flip at the deadline for a 2nd.

• Vintage 1
  • There it is 1

1 hour ago, flickyoursedin said:

Once his bonus is payed out you feel like he should be easy to move. For a non playoff team he could be a smart investment. Costs 6 mill on the cap but only owed 1 million so you could essentially pay a 5th rounder or later to get him then retain and flip at the deadline for a 2nd.

The team taking him on has no guarantee that they can flip him at the deadline let alone for a 2nd round pick.  Teams with that kind of room probably don't project to do all that well - his numbers/performance could well be so subpar that there is no trade interest at the TDL especially at his cap hit.

If the Canucks have to move Myers, it means that they've probably already spent his cap space.  Free agency opens 1 July and his bonus is paid only 2.5 months later. With opening rosters due 3 weeks later, Vancouver has to find a way to become cap compliant and that gives quite a bit of leverage to teams with cap space.  Would expect teams to pressure Vancouver to get as high as a draft pick as possible.  

Edited by mll

9 hours ago, mll said:

The team taking him on has no guarantee that they can flip him at the deadline let alone for a 2nd round pick.  Teams with that kind of room probably don't project to do all that well - his numbers/performance could well be so subpar that there is no trade interest at the TDL especially at his cap hit.

If the Canucks have to move Myers, it means that they've probably already spent his cap space.  Free agency opens 1 July and his bonus is paid only 2.5 months later. With opening rosters due 3 weeks later, Vancouver has to find a way to become cap compliant and that gives quite a bit of leverage to teams with cap space.  Would expect teams to pressure Vancouver to get as high as a draft pick as possible.  

Pretty sure they have ways of being compliant with Myers on the roster. We don't NEED to move Myers, we'd LIKE to (and sure, ideally spend that money elsewhere).

And there will still be unsigned UFAs available, not to mention guys other teams would prefer to not place on waivers. Could even just be a piece coming back in a Myers trade.

Move Myers after his bonus, clear a little cap cushion, add a defensive #3LD. Something like that. I don't think anyone is suggesting we're signing Kane with the space.

Edited by aGENT

Regarding Myers, if we try to sign him for 3 or four more years, is it possible to get him to sign for say 1,5 mill? 

He got that big body we know is necessary in playoff. He can punish the foul players. And he can be on third pair.

We don’t care about penalties since Miller and Petey seems to like it.

1 minute ago, Timråfan said:

Regarding Myers, if we try to sign him for 3 or four more years, is it possible to get him to sign for say 1,5 mill? 

He got that big body we know is necessary in playoff. He can punish the foul players. And he can be on third pair.

Hypothetically if you could have one Would you rather have myers or Schenn 

26 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

It's all about punishing the foul players come playoff time. 

1 hour ago, R3aL said:

Hypothetically if you could have one Would you rather have myers or Schenn 

If they have the same salary I probably go for Myers, only because he can actually destroy a player so they fear him.

Schenn is tough but not frightening.

We need someone that make the other team treat our stars as glass and Myers does that.

Other wants Tryamkin for that reason.

But here it is cap that is important.

If Schenn is 1,5 and Myers 2,5 it’s Schenn. 

2 hours ago, aGENT said:

Pretty sure they have ways of being compliant with Myers on the roster. We don't NEED to move Myers, we'd LIKE to (and sure, ideally spend that money elsewhere).

And there will still be unsigned UFAs available, not to mention guys other teams would prefer to not place on waivers. Could even just be a piece coming back in a Myers trade.

Move Myers after his bonus, clear a little cap cushion, add a defensive #3LD. Something like that. I don't think anyone is suggesting we're signing Kane with the space.

Canucks are believed to have interest in Gavrikov per Dhaliwal - those type of Ds are signed early in free agency and not in the 2nd half of September.  Idem for a decent C3.  

They sound intent on making the playoffs so not sure they are just looking to make changes on the fringe.  They could then just keep Myers or waive him - that close to the start of the season it's D6/D7th available but not top-4 Ds.  

On 6/30/2019 at 11:45 PM, Odd. said:

&^@#ing hell.

Oh well, as much as I don't want us to sign Myers, if he is a Canuck tomorrow, then I'll be rooting for him but man.

I want Myers to make me eat $&!# but I doubt I will.

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Celebrate In Love GIF by HBO Max

Yup. Have the same doubts about Hronek. Hope I’m wrong, but we’ll see in about a year when he costs us $7.5M+ 

5 hours ago, mll said:

Canucks are believed to have interest in Gavrikov per Dhaliwal - those type of Ds are signed early in free agency and not in the 2nd half of September.  Idem for a decent C3.  

They sound intent on making the playoffs so not sure they are just looking to make changes on the fringe.  They could then just keep Myers or waive him - that close to the start of the season it's D6/D7th available but not top-4 Ds.  

Sure and if we can move one or a couple of Garland, Beau or Boeser out earlier... Maybe we swing Gavrikov. If not... We don't.

Still doesn't mean we can't move Myers in September and then look to bolster the lineup elsewhere then.