The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Tyler Motte

Nice! I like his game. Eriksson should pay attention to the effort this guy puts out every shift. Doesn't even make a miliion dollars.

Great to see Motte got a 1-way as well, so I'm assumng he's on the roster. A fill-in while Roussel is out? I suppose he would be the 13th forward? (fill-in as injuries occur)

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuckledraggin said:

https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/canucks

We certainly do. We have 25 players under contract and only 7 million to sign Leivo Goldobin Boeser Teves and Rafferty. Somethings got to give.

its showing Teves and Rafferty as waiver exempt so we don't need to worry there, they'll both start in Utica for sure. I suspect Biega as well.

Roussel is going to start on LTIR so that makes a space too. And if Loui is destined to ride the bus then it will all just fit. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

This deal is great, so much so I'm already worried we'd lose him if he goes on waivers :lol:

Our steady stream of injuries will keep him in the bigs :mellow:

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

its showing Teves and Rafferty as waiver exempt so we don't need to worry there, they'll both start in Utica for sure. I suspect Biega as well.

Roussel is going to start on LTIR so that makes a space too. And if Loui is destined to ride the bus then it will all just fit. 

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaudette down in the AHL as well just because we can as well as Brisebois. Good point about Roussel. He is supposed to be out until Christmas. We're definitely going to be right up to the cap ceiling with several signed players who need waivers, battling it out for the last spots at training camp.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Nice! I like his game. Eriksson should pay attention to the effort this guy puts out every shift. Doesn't even make a miliion dollars.

Great to see Motte got a 1-way as well, so I'm assumng he's on the roster. A fill-in while Roussel is out? I suppose he would be the 13th forward? (fill-in as injuries occur)

Roussel is a 3rd line LW. 

Motte is a 4th line winger. And he won't be the 13th guy I doubt. Has shown he belongs as a regular on the 4th line.

• Upvote 1

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see Gaudette down in the AHL as well just because we can as well as Brisebois. Good point about Roussel. He is supposed to be out until Christmas. We're definitely going to be right up to the cap ceiling with several signed players who need waivers, battling it out for the last spots at training camp.

If Gaudette gets sent down.. that can only mean one thing: still stuck with Sutter!! Ohhhhhhhhhh crap!

• Wat 2

Only a $50K raise for a guy who consistently works his behind off and it shows in results?  Kudos for a good signing, but in a way would like to think these kinds of players would be rewarded more than some who put up points from natural talent but frequently take nights off.