The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interview with Travis Green

Rate this topic

PhillipBlunt

9 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

1. He talked about Quinn being a wildcard. If he can remain consistent in how he plays, I'm sure he expects improvement on the PP. Camp will give him a better idea where he sees players fit though.

2. He said that everyone coming into the season will be fighting for a playoff spot. No point in him predicting who he thinks will be actual playoff contenders or not as there are too many factors in play leading up to that point.

3. He talked a lot of the new guys and how he's excited that they've been added to the team. Not sure what else you would want to hear. He's not going to say he expects 45 points and 7 fights from Ferland, 65 points and 200 hits from Miller, etc.

4. Pretty much answered along with Loui and everyone else that he's looking to put the best team on the ice (players that want to be a Canuck and are going to do everything it takes to help the Canucks win) regardless of salary or whatever.

5. He's not going to put any unreasonable expectations on a player and make it seem like he's playing "favourites" for a guy to succeed. But I guess he will have to see who will be playing in Utica first and by mentioning any names now would suggest to that player that they won't be getting a fair shake at cracking the roster through great effort at camp (realistic or not).

6. There was a brief mention of Virtanen that he brought up on his own without being asked and he's suggesting that it is important that he continues to develop if the team is expected to win. If he was asked about Gaudette, he would give the same response from question 4.

I get what you mean

But, I think it should all be about expectations at this time of year

Don't be fooled...…..the players are listening

But that wasn't my point...…...really just think the Loui questions were wasted

Now if he came out and said that Loui had better get his arse going and play like he wants to be on the club......…...…...that would be news!

That would be honest, and direct......…...but that is not happening, lol

Not in the way, I want him to say it, anyways!

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

Now if he came out and said that Loui had better get his arse going and play like he wants to be on the club......…...…...that would be news!

That would be honest, and direct......…...but that is not happening, lol

Not in the way, I want him to say it, anyways!

That'll happen on the ice, most likely.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, hopefully that puts this ridiculous "rift" issue to bed for those looking for a reason to target LE.  JB doesn't think it's a big deal, TG doesn't think it's a big deal........let's move on.

Or they're just being professionals and not airing dirty laundry out in the media, unlike Eriksson.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, janisahockeynut said:

I get what you mean

But, I think it should all be about expectations at this time of year

Don't be fooled...…..the players are listening

But that wasn't my point...…...really just think the Loui questions were wasted

I'm sure the players and the coach have had the discussions about expectations at the end of season and again when camp begins. Especially with his supposed "open-door" policy if they want to know more. The players don't need to hear it through the media. It's only the public audience that wants more fuel to throw in whatever fire they want to start that expect more beyond that.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, stawns said:

Well, hopefully that puts this ridiculous "rift" issue to bed for those looking for a reason to target LE.  JB doesn't think it's a big deal, TG doesn't think it's a big deal........let's move on.

well loui made it a big deal   so loui made himself a target , don't blame fans for the rift   . ever hear of damage control?  of course green and jb are going to say its no big deal meanwhile  they are trying to trade him ,  

5 minutes ago, the grinder said:

well loui made it a big deal   so loui made himself a target , don't blame fans for the rift   . ever hear of damage control?  of course green and jb are going to say its no big deal meanwhile  they are trying to trade him ,  

if fans got their way it would be bigger than it really is. they want their narrative to be the one every one follows. 

Pretty clear to me that it doesn't matter what you did before but how you do now that will determine your spot on the team (excluding the core: EP40, Bo, Brock).

So it's up to the players to work their arse off to get the plum roster spots and playing time.  Hint Hint LE.

12 minutes ago, the grinder said:

No, no he didn't.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And all roads in CDC these days lead back to Loui Eriksson, even an interview where the coach talks about the entire team. FML.

No doubt.... Loui  is the last thing on my mind at this point.  If he goes he goes, if he stays he must perform better than others. all there is to it really.

I wish we had access to some more player summer training videos though, even just mini clips, to add to the hype 

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

And all roads in CDC these days lead back to Loui Eriksson, even an interview where the coach talks about the entire team. FML.

my bad..

as for the rest of the interview...Green does sound excited about the possibilities for line combos, etc....he can put together lines that he believes will work, rather than lines he hopes will work....

• Upvote 1