The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Baumgartner should he stay or should he go?

Rate this topic

EP-40

Baumgartner   

103 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

13 hours ago, audiodave said:

I'd wait to see how he does with our new and  improved line up. Who would you replace Baumgartner with if it were up to you? 

I don't know, but whoever replaces him will have to meet the criteria of being jacked.

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I'd say Bum Gardener gets this season to work with a much improved defense. If he still can't increase their ability to break out, score, and defend properly, he needs to be fired into the sun.

sounds like the name of a waxing spa on Davie 

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, spur1 said:

So now that the bash JB and TG threads have been debunked it is time to pick on the assistants. :picard:

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Always educational when CDC talks 'systems'. 

1 hour ago, vannuck59 said:

Bull Crap

A thread on a message board asking for opinions and we get these fine contributions.  Maybe log off until the season starts because whatever you're looking for(company perhaps?) aint on this board.  

• Thanks 1
  • Wat 1

25 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

A thread on a message board asking for opinions and we get these fine contributions.  Maybe log off until the season starts because whatever you're looking for(company perhaps?) aint on this board.  

If the shoe fits. Sure not finding anything worthwhile in this thread. 

4 hours ago, luckylager said:

I moaned about his system and occasionally his pairs / deployment last season, especially in GDT's.

But in retrospect he didn't have much to work with for most of the year. The only solid piece of evidence against Baumer would be Guddy's turn around in Pits playing in a better system.

So even as someone who wouldn't be disappointed if he were fired, I think he deserves an opportunity with a real d-corp. Give him til Christmas

The thing with Guddy in Pits is you still see the major breakdowns/fire drills like in Van.  

But yeah, I think the back end will be better this season.  Baumer seems like a keen student of the game, so hopefully if adjustments need to be made he's already gone over that

• Cheers 1

I've long said Baumer needs to go. He's overseen the defence for a long time now and has had a lot of players come through the gates and nothing has changed.
The D has been bad during his tenure but it hasn't been THAT bad - or I should say it shouldn't have been that bad. 

Bring back Kevin McCarthy. Nashville knows what they're doing with their back end and he's a big part of it.
Some of you may remember he spent 6 seasons playing in Vancouver, and was Captain for 2 or 3 of them. 
He also was one of the highest scoring defenceman we've ever had with a ppg average just barely behind Jovanovski (0.57 vs 0.59)

Kevin McCarthy
One of the greatest Vancouver Dmen of all time
1981 All Star (53 points in 80 games that year)

(his intro at 4:41.... and immediately following, Tiger comes out and sticks his tongue out at the camera lol)

Edited by fecklund

I said last off season I think that the Canucks should have hired Niklas Lidstrom to come in and work some of that slick Swedish magic of his with our guys.  I still think someone like him, or even Chris Chelios, could do wonders for instilling a great work ethic behind our blue line.      

6 hours ago, EP-40 said:

I'm not trolling, you're just an idiot.

And when exactly did I call you a troll?

Therefore I guess you are calling me an idiot because I don't agree with your thread. Too funny. :frantic:

Edited by spur1

Can we please see a competitively iced team before we start on the coaches. Good god I think they’ve done a pretty good job with what they’ve got. Can we not at least wait and see a bit before we pass judgement. Have you seen who played defence on this team the last couple years outside Edler, Stecher and an half Tanev.

At this point all I ask from coaching staff is to cut out that drop pass on the PP that is so predictable and actually sometimes gives the other team a chance to pick it off and score

• Cheers 1

I don't even know how to evaluate Baumer, he's had poor personnel to work with.

I just really hope Green doesn't end up being a fall guy. I think he's a really good coach & its been nice to have some stability there. Green's had non-playoff teams to coach & he's missed the playoffs with them. Lets see how he does this year and for the next few.

Green has a good honest approach, he can get through to young players, & can relate to players of all roles. He's got the right mindset and is learning all the time. Firing him if we miss playoffs this year would be a mistake IMO.

• Upvote 1