The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] 2019 Training Camp Thread

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

3 hours ago, Ur a Towel said:

I think this was the plan all along. They wanted to get him actual playing time and he wasn't going to get that on our roster in the top 6. Management must have had a good feeling that he would clear through and they'd be able to re-call him when he gets his game back up to 100%. 
For all this hate on Schaller, he's still a good 4th liner that'll kill penalties for us and be physical. Eriksson isn't playing to start, so he's not even a factor in this IMO.

They only have 170K in cap space - they can't recall him unless they use LTIR but it just creates more issues for injuries later in the season.  They were most certainly hoping for him to be picked up to clear his cap hit.

1 minute ago, mll said:

They only have 170K in cap space - they can't recall him unless they use LTIR but it just creates more issues for injuries later in the season.  They were most certainly hoping for him to be picked up to clear his cap hit.

If he’s coming back up, it means someone else is gone. Fingers crossed it’s Loui

• Like 1

I actually dont believe Bo is the right fit for canucks captian.

Sorry Guys

BETTER OFF TO WAIT 2 MORE YEARS AND NAME PETTERSSON

2 reasons.

Main reason. Bo is soft.... sorry to say it he doesn't stand up for the guys.... hes alot of talk no action.  For example...When that boeser hit happened..... bo could have stood up and made a big check or a fight and showed the team he the leader will not stand for it. And showed them by example what is expected of the team in those situations. Instead..... crickets.

Reason 2... when your best player is not your captian it can cause serious locker room problems. Bo is a great player but hes not pettersson.

Edited by Snapshot85
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 6

Tough decisions needed to be made, but they made them. I don't think Baertschi is in the Canucks plans moving forward. Sure, he might get called up, but maybe not too. They've currently got Schaller and Motte ahead of him in the depth chart, and Roussel is coming back. But who knows, if Sven can stay healthy and rack up large points in Utica, maybe he will return one day? I doubt it though.

I also think Goldobin's days are done with the Canucks, he won't be coming back IMO. Makes me wonder what they'll end up doing with Jake. If he sucks again this year, do they run out of patience? (like Goldobin) He has a special skillset, but without a high hockey IQ, can't do much with it, except skate really fast for short durations.