The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT/PGT] Sens @ Nucks Sept 25 2019 - 2 minutes for cross checking edition -

Rate this topic

xereau

Just now, oldnews said:

oh, I thought these things only happen in 'Nucks land'.  Thanks for the heads up.

MacEwen aint gonna stop hitting because Borowiecki over-reacts to clean hits - he'll continue to pick his spots and take his opportunites - if you're expecting him to run around chasing hits I think you misread what actually happened in that shift.  Borowiecki may think he has 'reason' there, but that's new age NHL where players act like they're entitled not to be cleanly hit - a trend I can't stand and wish the NHL would use the instigator penatly where it's appropriate - when guys over-react to what is an everyday hockey play.  Suck it up and take a number like it used to be.

What are you on about with the new-age stuff? New age stuff is turning the other cheek and not fighting. What Borowiecki did was actually old time hockey where he put an end to a guy who was running his teammates. He didn't overreact, that's how it's supposed to be done. If MacEwen didn't run that player earlier in the shift Borowiecki wouldn't have gone after him. Let me know if MacEwen runs another guy for the rest of the game. I won't hold my breath.

Just now, Vanuckles said:

What are you on about with the new-age stuff? New age stuff is turning the other cheek and not fighting. What Borowiecki did was actually old time hockey where he put an end to a guy who was running his teammates. He didn't overreact, that's how it's supposed to be done. If MacEwen didn't run that player earlier in the shift Borowiecki wouldn't have gone after him. Let me know if MacEwen runs another guy for the rest of the game. I won't hold my breath.

Except he didn't go after Mac after running a teammate. He didn't do anything until he got hit. Again same as Gudbranson last year, sticking up for himself.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Except he didn't go after Mac after running a teammate. He didn't do anything until he got hit. Again same as Gudbranson last year, sticking up for himself.

Yes there aren’t too many guys in the NHL who actually stick up for their teammates anymore.  The Dorsett’s of the NHL are pretty much extinct...

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Again, same comment gets you the same answer:

12 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

It was the second guy he hit hard on that shift so Borowiecki decided to put a stop to it. Borowiecki is a Dorsett type, he doesn't give a crap if it's a hit against him or someone else, he would have jumped in there anyways.

I can do this all night.

5 minutes ago, Vanuckles said:

What are you on about with the new-age stuff?

If I were a millenial I'd probably mistake that for 'old school' as well.  It aint.  Blowing a head gasket whenever a player takes a clean hit aint 'old school' -  that is new-age NHL, whether you're old enough to realise it or not.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2