The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Injuries] Canucks Injuries 2019/20

Rate this topic

86Viking

21 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Which makes me think it was likely separated. I’ve heard players playing through that and even minor fractures. Let’s hope it’s more on the pain side of things rather than mobility like TT’s injury. 

He hasn’t left the bubble for treatment which bodes well for him. 

• Cheers 1

22 hours ago, Googlie said:

He did.  Thursday was an optional skate day and apparently Toffee took a whirl

Tofu took a skate? If he can take off his walking boot and lace them up, that's fantastic news.

It probably also means that if Canucks were to be on the brink of elimination, he would probably play.

Le's hope our boys can finish off the Blues without him and he joins us to give us that extra lift when we need it.

20 minutes ago, CanucksJay said:

Tofu took a skate? If he can take off his walking boot and lace them up, that's fantastic news.

It probably also means that if Canucks were to be on the brink of elimination, he would probably play.

Le's hope our boys can finish off the Blues without him and he joins us to give us that extra lift when we need it.

Whatcha talkin' about, Willis! He's coming back to help the Nucks finish off the Blues 4 games to 1!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, grandmaster said:

TT better freeze that foot of his and get in there. Our top 6 needs a desperate shake up....

Meyers needs to play through some pain as well. Benn looks good positionally but he can’t pass well. 

Green can demote LE from the top 6 for an entire game and give Jake or Zack the full game in the top 6 also...but he hasn't changed his coaching yet, will need to if he wants the Canucks to win the series.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

Green can demote LE from the top 6 for an entire game and give Jake or Zack the full game in the top 6 also...but he hasn't changed his coaching yet, will need to if he wants the Canucks to win the series.

I'd consider Sutter on Bo's RW and putting Gaudette back between Roussel and Jake. Gives more speed and offensive on both those lines and doesn't compromise the defensive ability of Bo's line.

9 hours ago, MattJVD said:

I'd consider Sutter on Bo's RW and putting Gaudette back between Roussel and Jake. Gives more speed and offensive on both those lines and doesn't compromise the defensive ability of Bo's line.

so you want us to put one of our best faceoff man on 2nd line and put an inexperienced weak in face off centerman in Gaudette on 3rd line in a game where Blues have last change? Will you suggest Motte also on 1st line? Seriously these suggestions dont make sense at all. We need more finish on the top 6, not less. Gaudette should ride shot gun on Horvats wing and Ericsson should just play on the 3rd line. 

38 minutes ago, DefCon1 said:

so you want us to put one of our best faceoff man on 2nd line and put an inexperienced weak in face off centerman in Gaudette on 3rd line in a game where Blues have last change? Will you suggest Motte also on 1st line? Seriously these suggestions dont make sense at all. We need more finish on the top 6, not less. Gaudette should ride shot gun on Horvats wing and Ericsson should just play on the 3rd line. 

Just spit-balling. I liked those lines because Gaudette has had some success on that line before and it is pretty fast. I liked Sutter with Horvat to not down-grade the defensive effectiveness when taking Loui off, it also gives that line some more speed and finish. Probably better when we have the last change, but apparently last change hasn't help either team so far this series. I think speed and creating off the rush is one of Vancouver's best chances to score 5 on 5 in this series and I think that upgrades the speed of both of those lines.

Edited by MattJVD

On 8/15/2020 at 12:45 AM, grandmaster said:

He skated on his own off the ice. I think he had to go under the mandated concussion protocol or he separated his shoulder. Both of which, I think he would be ok enough to play in 2 days time

If he truly separated his shoulder he would not be ok to play in 2 days time

1 hour ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

If he truly separated his shoulder he would not be ok to play in 2 days time

Not sure if you have ever separated you shoulder but, it can set back in. It’s about pain management and they can freeze it.

If this is what happened, hopefully he is in today. I’ve never liked Benn (he is good positionally but can’t pass the puck well).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, grandmaster said:

Not sure if you have ever separated you shoulder but, it can set back in. It’s about pain management and they can freeze it.

If this is what happened, hopefully he is in today. I’ve never liked Benn (he is good positionally but can’t pass the puck well).

If anything this injury has showcased the value of Myers to the team. He may not be the best player out there and people may not like his play but he brings something to the team that no one else can do 

• Cheers 2

oRdYAk5k_bigger.jpg

Good update by Matt Hearing game 6 or 7 better chances for Toffoli.
Quote Tweet

cVT5LSjf_normal.jpg

Matthew Sekeres

@mattsekeres
· 1h
#Canucks

NHLPlayoff_Teams_2020_Canucks.png
D Tyler Myers (shoulder) remains out for G5 tonight vs #stlblues

NHLPlayoff_Teams_2020_stlblues.png
. W Tyler Toffoli (foot) remains doubtful. There was word that Toffoli might try and skate today, and is getting closer. But it’s more likely to be G6 Friday then today. @TSN1040

8 hours ago, grandmaster said:

Yup, did twice, second one worse. 

Pain management yes, buy very limit strength