The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG get over it.  Happens.  They played a great game for part then the Caps (a great team) came out desperate and Marky can't do it all.  We should have won..yes.  But they scored 5 goals against the Caps and that is something to build on. 

It's a learning experience...can't check out bere the game's officially over/no lead is safe.

The sky isn't falling.

Defensive much?

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG get over it.  Happens.  They played a great game for part then the Caps (a great team) came out desperate and Marky can't do it all.  We should have won..yes.  But they scored 5 goals against the Caps and that is something to build on. 

It's a learning experience...can't check out bere the game's officially over/no lead is safe.

The sky isn't falling.

Good thing he's not our GM we'd have a new coach every 2 weeks

• Wat 1

1 minute ago, Toyotasfan said:

I don’t know how much I want Pearson out late in a critical game. I don’t care if you’re tired move your feet .

Pearson and Leivo had a great night.

Also in 3on3 it was Edler and Miller who were dead tired on that one shift. Didn’t move their feet at all.

Stop trying to put the blame on Pearson and Leivo all the time…

Edited by J-23
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

"We're learning as we go too. You expect to win that game but you see it a lot. Momentum changes a lot, we could have put them away. I gotta be realistic with our group, we did some good things, some things we can build off. They got some momentum going, obviously. The goal I really didn't like was the shorthanded goal. We can't give up a goal there and give them life. We did a lot of good things tonight, we're pissed off we lost the game. We should be pissed off. Played a good game and lost. Man, that second period was as a good a period of hockey as we've played in a long time. And give their team credit, they've been through these games many times. They're built to win Stanley Cups, and we can learn a lot from this game." - Green

• Thanks 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"We're learning as we go too. You expect to win that game but you see it a lot. Momentum changes a lot, we could have put them away. I gotta be realistic with our group, we did some good things, some things we can build off. They got some momentum going, obviously. The goal I really didn't like was the shorthanded goal. We can't give up a goal there and give them life. We did a lot of good things tonight, we're pissed off we lost the game. We should be pissed off. Played a good game and lost. Man, that second period was as a good a period of hockey as we've played in a long time. And give their team credit, they've been through these games many times. They're built to win Stanley Cups, and we can learn a lot from this game." - Green

Only thing I didn’t like was Green didn’t say a single word during the timeout…

All I can say, that 2nd goal in the 2nd period with .03 seconds is a killer.   You cannot defend and leave someone open, if you went in the zone knowing 8 to 10 seconds left, you cannot come and help with 4 men on the board battles leaving a wide open in the slot.  Just spread out on defence and allow for the time to run out with just 2 men battle along the board,  Just cover someone that is open. If there is a player with common sense would just cover the slot and this wouldn't have happened, tbh.  He would have intercept that pass and time would have run out if someone would just cover the slot.

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“We gave up 7 shots in the 3rd period, and I gave up 3 goals. I’ve gotta be better. The team played great.” - Markstrom

Marky has saved his teammates' collective ass so many times since last December. He was overdue for a bad game or a period, so I think he deserves a mulligan.

Too bad it just happened when it's impossible to happen.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2