The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Los Angeles Kings | Oct. 30, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 hours ago, Cali Canuck said:

I don't he'll ever top the own goal he scored into the Canuck's empty net in his first game. :picard:  the way he fell into the net trying to stop it, talk about harbinger of doom:sadno::sick:

Pretty sure it was Guddy trying to stop it not Ericksson 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, debluvscanucks said:

I agree with everything but the Markstrom part.  I feel like he lets in a softie and then, generally, clamps down and is super focused.  I feel like he's for real and I have confidence in him, even if he has a rough period or two.  All goaltenders will at some point. 

Markstrom has obviously been going through some hard times personally with his family concerns.

That is enough to throw off anyone, let alone an NHL goalie who has to be super focused.

Against the Kings he was a bit suspect on the first goal, but settled down after that and played an excellent game.

Give him an easy schedule for the next two weeks with Demko getting 40% of the starts and Marky will be fine.

53 minutes ago, stawns said:

What does that even mean?

It’s a poke at the league wide crack down on fighting right now.   As soon as fight starts the linesman are there to break it up, often before it even starts.  That’s what it means. 

44 minutes ago, IBatch said:

It’s a poke at the league wide crack down on fighting right now.   As soon as fight starts the linesman are there to break it up, often before it even starts.  That’s what it means. 

How is wanting to remove clearly planned fights from the game "such a left wing thing"? 

I think a good fight, when its warranted is great. But these orchestrated fights to "wake the team up" or get the crowd going is stupid. There's enough studies to show that this is causing long term effects on these guys well after their playing days are over. The game is evolving, gone are the slow goons that just fight other goons for the two points listed above. 

You know what else gets the crowd/team going? Goals, HUGE hits, amazing plays, crazy dekes, breakaways, etc.

Need to move on man, and saying something is "so left wing" because you don't like it shows your maturity level. 

20 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Nope.

Hart voted by hockey writers

Norris voted by hockey writers

Vezina voted by GMs

Pearson voted by players

Calder voted by hockey writers

But they do go use points as a gauging factor so... he's not entirely wrong.

21 hours ago, VforVirtanen said:

Edler doing his best to join Sami Salo as a legendary hero who makes the ultimate sacrifice for his team. Ballsy!

At the time, when asked how he was doing, Sami said something like, ".. let's just say the troops are down, ... but the general is still standing!"

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

What's that to do with left winger, presuming you were referring to political/social?