The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Winnipeg Jets | Nov. 08, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

What happened to those amazing crisp passes and onslaught of scoring chances? They look out of sync, no real plan (even though they say they have one) I agree with some that this team has good players, but they need a coaching staff that will take them to the next level.  The PP should be deadly, but it's terrible. Hey, let's give the coach (Brown) a raise!   

Just now, debluvscanucks said:

I believe they got to the hotel around 3 (according to the report I heard).

I mean, it matters.  No excuses...but they are going to lose at times.  Even back to backs...all teams do.

If they put 10 losses up, sure.  But we always jump at the first sign of trouble.  Glad they don't.

Exactly, its tough to go to bed around 4AM and play the next evening. This game was close until late (and tied if Horvat scores from in close)  and that is quite the accomplishment given the circumstances. You try to win some of those games but you can't be too upset if you lose them.

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Good thing Green saved his timeout once again, how many games have we played without using it? How many power plays that we started our second useless line when we could have taken a timeout and talk it over and start our first unit? 

I very much agree with this. The drop off from our first unit PP and second unit is huge. I hate seeing the second unit start at all. It’s worth taking a timeout to put #1 out first.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

This was part of schedule that we really could have made up ground yet we crapped the bed for 3 straight games 

the back to back penalties shifted the momentum but instead of fighting back we wilted 

Good thing Green saved his timeout once again, how many games have we played without using it? How many power plays that we started our second useless line when we could have taken a timeout and talk it over and start our first unit? boyh tones we did it last 2 games we were down by 1 goal 

Green goes numb during the game. Just stands there with zero in game management 

Gonna have to agree with you. He does not adapt well during games. I also thought he was over the top happy to be in the game with the Blues. Played Petey 1 shift in OT and they lost.  

Hmm. 

Experienced coach might be looking at how to win that game rather than being happy just to be in it.

• Upvote 1

Canucks are a good team but let’s not kid ourselves we are a fringe playoff team. We still have this year to rebuild. We have pieces in place to be a very good team but a couple things NEED to be done! Trade tanev(contract expiring can’t resign) trade markstrum (contract expires can’t resign) trade Stecher (contract expires can’t resign)

we must do this even though it will make us not a playoff team this year. We can free up cap space and gets some young talent and picks. Get a nice lottery pick or high pick and aim high next season

• Wat 1

29 minutes ago, Krzysl said:

Canucks are a good team but let’s not kid ourselves we are a fringe playoff team. We still have this year to rebuild. We have pieces in place to be a very good team but a couple things NEED to be done! Trade tanev(contract expiring can’t resign) trade markstrum (contract expires can’t resign) trade Stecher (contract expires can’t resign)

we must do this even though it will make us not a playoff team this year. We can free up cap space and gets some young talent and picks. Get a nice lottery pick or high pick and aim high next season

Why can't we re-sign them? 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 2

I missed the last ten minutes of the game because I had to pick up my son from basketball.  Probably not the worst thing to miss.  Honestly in the second period esp. they looked very tired.  I remember Leivo, and Pearson and maybe Sutter were all on the ice and they looked dead tired.  I don't they been on the ice that long or had a tough shift they just looked very tired.  I think this b2b just killed them.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

Calling Bettman buttman shows your maturity level , interesting theory considering he brought a team back to Winnipeg when he totally didn’t have too

Yes he had to, Atlanta was in the toilet and Winnipeg was all set to go otherwise folding the Thrashers was a bleeding reality.

The deception was the league had us looking at Arizona who was sufffering badly too at the time but behind closed doors - whammo Winnipeg!

2 minutes ago, Cali Canuck said:

I missed the last ten minutes of the game because I had to pick up my son from basketball.  Probably not the worst thing to miss.  Honestly in the second period esp. they looked very tired.  I remember Leivo, and Pearson and maybe Sutter were all on the ice and they looked dead tired.  I don't they been on the ice that long or had a tough shift they just looked very tired.  I think this b2b just killed them.

This was a 2 game road trip. Canucks have 12 back to backs this year. Every team has about  the same. This was definitely not a brutal btb. 

Just now, milk and honey said:

Very very poor game again

PP was terrible. 

Good for Bo to experience this when new to captain

We need a 2nd line. 

Bottom 6 need to pitch in with some goals to 

Tanev is a babe

You thinking the long locks or the gap teeth?

• Haha 1