The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

8 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

No easy wins here. Even Edmonton is good this year (gagged as I said that but still). How many people think we can go above .500?

I honestly doubt it, we cant score goals right now. We had a pretty easy start too the season schedule wise other than st.louis twice. 

• Wat 3

These 1 goal deficits feel like 3 or 4 goal deficits, they could have played another 3 periods and not scored a tying goal.

Sure there was some pressure, but I don't recall Blackwood having to make any spectacular saves in the 3rd.

This team has no answer for playing the trap, and that will get around the league fast - if you want to beat the Canucks, clog up the zone, they can't get through.

Can't blame this on the roster anymore, there's enough talent to do more than this. It feels like the weapons are there, but there's no clear understanding on how to execute.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

Just now, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“When you're scoring you think you got all the answers, and when you don't you search for them. There's no magic answer for goals... Our game looks very similar to when we were scoring, we had some good looks. I liked a lot of parts of our game again.” - Green

Similar? Bo can barely get a puck to the net and our PP couldn't even get set up against the Jets

• Upvote 1

Just now, Mustapha said:

These 1 goal deficits feel like 3 or 4 goal deficits, they could have played another 3 periods and not scored a tying goal.

Sure there was some pressure, but I don't recall Blackwood having to make any spectacular saves in the 3rd.

This team has no answer for playing the trap, and that will get around the league fast - if you want to beat the Canucks, clog up the zone, they can't get through.

Can't blame this on the roster anymore, there's enough talent to do more than this. It feels like the weapons are there, but there's no clear understanding on how to execute.

Reasonable post, Green and Brown need to get to work on figuring out the trap to beat these garbage teams. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Similar? Bo can barely get a puck to the net and our PP couldn't even get set up against the Jets

He's not going to bury the captain in the midst of a slump. Amazing how many of you think media lip service is exactly what is actually being discussed in the room :lol:

• Cheers 1

"That could be argued. Sometimes you've gotta give the other team credit too. I think this team did a good job tonight. I know the last six games we haven't scored, but our games look very similar. Even analytically, we haven't tailed off anywhere. Sometimes you just go through that in the NHL. Stretches where you don't score. In the LA game we get 8 goals and I don't think that was even close to one of our best games. We might have played better tonight, in certain ways. It's funny that way. We're in a little rut now." - Green on getting second chances

• Cheers 1

16 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

You aren't. I've been beating that drum since mid way through the season last year.  More and more people are beginning to see the light. The Canucks were winning earlier this year despite Green and his Junior B system, not because of it. 

Junior B is being generous 

it’s the same atom system I used to play under 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1