The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

Not gonna lie, I thought we would win this game 100% for sure.

Now I am losing faith. We are 0-3-1 and we have a rough November schedule ahead of us.

It is really going to take a full effort from the team to turn this around. Hopefully we can pick up a couple of home wins before we head out on the 6 game road trip from hell.

• Upvote 1

Blackwood had like a.88 save percentage going into this.  Jersey sets up a 5 man box and all the Canucks could do is hit him in the crest.  He looks like an all star when he plays Vancouver.

not going to judge green too much  yet.  There’s got to be ways of countering teams like NJ when you have home ice advantage.  Some of this has to be on him. 

they need someone to inject emotion in these games.  We have the friendliest roster in the league it seems.  Drill someone cleanly, get some licks in the corners.  Wake up for @@&$@ sakes.  It’s good even if the other team retaliates.  Get some hate going.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

Gotta give the nucks a bit credit as they did push back. Unfortunately Blackwood had a really strong game (as opposed to the nucks just making him look like Hasek in his prime despite his play) and the nucks has a disaster of a 1st period.

Edit: added “a bit” before credit as there was/is still room for tons of improvement.

Edited by Ronaldoescobar
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It’s frustrating, but it’s part of the year. There are ups and downs. We aren’t playing bad hockey, but we need to get some greasy goals in.” - Boeser

Well Brock, the greasy goals need to be scored by the greasy guys. 

We can blame officiating all we want but devils got hosed on calls too they go both ways at the end of the day there’s no excuse.

none! After losing three in a row this team we played was playing there games in just under four days since it was a matinee (hour wise) and honestly we should of roasted them. We got one goal again. 

Myers didn’t have as bad as of a game as the last few but he’s still bad. I know people want to love the guy but he’s not even close to the dman I used to watch live in Kelowna or on buffalo my other team in the first year. He’s an overpaid liability and he misses the net more then he gets points or shots on goal It’s like a 3:1 ratio that way mcavoy and wrrenski signed for less then myers around same time I ble benning for this. When Erikkson and Myers make double what MacKinnon makes hell both guys even make two more million then Eichel if you want a closer contract.

anyways I know i rip Myers a lot but there’s a reason people he’s a boy a top pairing dman I don’t like our chances with him in the top four let alone top two.

we now have lost four in a row and the honeymoon is over.

green better stop complaining about officials and saying we played good and start making in game adjustments and coaching or get rid of this fool he’s had three years now. This core is better we just need a good coach and more experience. Speaking of experience green was a player but coaching wise he had no experience and it’s time to go. All coaches with colours  for names should get axed. I’m getting sick of greens positivity after we lose and that damn sarcastic smile after ever penalty. The officials weren’t listening to him complain before the third when he was giving them an ear because he’s now the boy who cried wolf, the refs probably saynin their dressing room “meh it’s just green crying again” they listen to green as much as a cop just on scene would listen to a disorderly citizen who is trying to defend himself vs the other cop who called him.

hope we don’t lose five in a row vs Nashville. This literally happens every November after. 8-3-1 start go back and look at or records every October are record is always 6-4-1 in October or better in 8 of the last 11 ye wars then we nose dive after.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“It’s frustrating, but it’s part of the year. There are ups and downs. We aren’t playing bad hockey, but we need to get some greasy goals in.” - Boeser

Agree with Brock on the greasy goals but can’t say I agree too much on the not playing bad hockey (aside from maybe his line).

Edited by Ronaldoescobar