The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

16 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

He may not be at the atom level but he is not a legitimate NHL coach 

I gave the guy 2 season before I gave up on him 

You actually thought the Canucks were gonna win during a rebuild?? That's where your expectations went wrong.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 3

Problem is is to many 3rd and 4th line players and no second line players for Bo, was supposed to Miller but he has found his jam on line 1 then it was ferlund but he looks just like our other 3rd or 4th line guys. 

jim has to make a bold move at the costs of jake and or stech,Tanev, marky  still have roussell coming back another 3rd/4th line guy 

Just now, Filthy McNasty said:

Problem is is to many 3rd and 4th line players and no second line players for Bo, was supposed to Miller but he has found his jam on line 1 then it was ferlund but he looks just like our other 3rd or 4th line guys. 

jim has to make a bold move at the costs of jake and or stech,Tanev, marky  still have roussell coming back another 3rd/4th line guy 

Ya its pretty bad too that our 3rd line and 4th line guys are the ones getting us in Cap Trouble 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Filthy McNasty said:

As much was alluded to during intermission panel. 
It's Benning's job to put the puzzle together.
I believe he will. 

Chicago killing Toronto right now. 3-0

..and you guys so mad we lost to them... So what.. teams lose can't win them all..

Leafs supposed to be cup contender and getting worked by Black Hawks...

We aren't going to win em all... Ppl need to calm down on CDC.. 

Lost to devils by a goal...I'm not concerned.. 

Dach scored..18 yr old kid. Think he's going to be a good player...

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Reasonable post, Green and Brown need to get to work on figuring out the trap to beat these garbage teams. 

Let me wordsmith your comments a bit....."Reasonable post, Green and Brown are garbage and beat on figuring out the other teams trap ! 

Ah....................that's more like it!

• Wat 1

Quinn Hughes was the best player on the ice...Miller picks up another point....

....what have they done to EP40? He needs to shoot the puck more...and he is way to stationary on the PP....he needs to move around some. then find his spot. Right now, he is standing in one spot...no movement at all. He should move into the danger zone, then move out to his spot between the dots...even when he doesn't have the puck...this game is all about time and space....or space and timing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Quinn Hughes was the best player on the ice...Miller picks up another point....

....what have they done to EP40? He needs to shoot the puck more...

I'm wondering if he's nursing his hand. He's been getting a lot of slashes to his wrists in recent games. I'd look into putting some etxra protection there if I were him. Surprised most players don't... I get the mobility issue, but wearing a short cuff with your bare wrist hanging out - you might as well paint a big fat target on it. 

17 minutes ago, BlastPast said:

Generating pressure but the puck won't go in, happens sometimes and it won't last forever. opposing goalies aren't going to have a .960 save% the whole year. I would be concerned if they were getting drastically outshot or blown out. 

Stop being so reasonable 

• Cheers 4

1 minute ago, Edler'sBrokenStick said:

Everyone on here thinks they are smarter than Green and Benning.  You know guys who have forgotten more about hockey than all of us know.

Yup it was a tough day. Being that misery loves company, there has been some consolation as I got to watch the Stamps lose to the Peg.  Watching the Laffs is kind of therapeutic as well. 

• Upvote 2

So, that's 11 straight losses to NJ? I'm tired of Green's excuses. The giveaways are terrible, Pettersson is afraid to shoot for some reason, maybe he's scared he'll miss. I won't even get into the officiating, it wasn't good. But the Canucks had plenty of opportunity to score goals and get back into this game, they failed. IMO Green's line juggling is a sign of a coach who is overwhelmed and unsure how to fix this. His loyalty to Pearson is mind boggling.