The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

42 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Another bloody loss.

The Canucks finally decide to show up with ten minutes left in the third.

Jeezus.....

As I've been saying for awhile, Green is just an "interim" coach that is routinely outcoached and will be replaced shortly as the team is just about ready for an experienced leader now that we are over the hump.   I suspect this is his last year and unless they make it to the playoffs will be sacked before the end of the season as the honeymoon period is Loooooooooooooong over for this guy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

You do you justify such pathetic in game coaching that’s allows our third line to be on the ice as we pull our goalie? 

how does that happen? 

we bloody well had Sutter and Pearson on the ice with our net empty trying to tie the game with Miller and Boeser on the bench 

Green is a pathetic coach, why am I the only one that sees that? 

Countdown on Green is well underway !   Don't kid yourself - he knows the train has left the station!

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Baumer and Brown should have been let go before this season. 
Clark is a no brainer. sign him for life.
This management team needs to think outside the box a bit ad go find capable people to replace those two. 
The PP should easily be in the top 10 and stay there with the guys we have. 
The defence has improved massively since last year but still looks lost at times, ad that shouldn't be happening either.
I'm sure Benning is aware of all that so we'll just wait and see. 
Green is a good coach, but all great coaches are surrounded by solid assistants, and we don't have that IMO.

In other words, we have all the right tools but not the right craftsmen who know how to best utilize those tools.

Their big boss already gave them an extended toolbox already though. I'm not sure what he'll do with the manager.

Edited by 1-d
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“Give them credit, they played well. We’ve got to do a better job to score 5-on-5. Just have to find ways to score. It’s not clicking for us right now.” - Horvat

then you better simplify the game...because when simple is executed it looks complicated. 

the coach needs to teach the "attack triangle", then it needs to be executed in a game (again and again)...I saw three times where the player took the puck wide and the Canuck's "D" caught up with the play in the high slot....only to have the player who took the puck wide shoot and miss the net. What he should have done was take the puck wide with speed, get the NJ "D" man to turn or commit to him, then drop it back to his own "D" man who was in the high slot...with the other winger crashing the net for a rebound.

another thing that drives me mad, is when the puck comes out of the Ozone with our "D" man getting 100% possession of the puck with no opponent near him and he dumps the puck back into the Ozone with the forwards still caught in the Ozone and giving up possession of the puck way too easy...the F$ck'n coaches need to teach a neutral zone regroup that allows the Dman to take the puck back to our blue line so the forwards can clear the zone with the Canucks still having possession of the puck....it's so simple, have the wingers support on the boards when clearing the Ozone and the dmen go "D" to "D" and hit the open forward on the boards with the centerman or weak side winger supporting the forward on the boards when he receives the pass...this is called a neutral zone regroup or a neutral zone transition....you beat the team on the transition in the neutral zone...when they enter the Ozone, they should enter by setting up the "attack triangle"....this is simple and it works almost every time, if they just do it.

The dump and chase style strategy is not working boys....coaches need to start teaching a puck possession strategy...similar to the one I mentioned above. If they do it, then just watch how many scoring chances they get....they will get a lot.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This board is so damn negative...

St Louis won the cup last year lost many in a row.

Why is everyone so damn negative

Watch Benning fire Green and hire Mike Keenan AND Messier as coaches.... then you'll see something really special here at CDC...

:ph34r:

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, 1-d said:

In other words, we have all the right tools but not the right craftsmen who know how to best utilize those tools.

No. We have the craftsmen who have the right tools, but we're lacking proper guidance.
ie: the coaching staff is sub par, aside from Green. I'm still giving him a pass, because I really do think he could be a great coach - but he has no support. Or the support that is there, isn't working.... there's a thing to be said about chemistry behind the bench as well. 

Edited by fecklund
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Is easier to be negative and right. And call an accomplished coach atom level than enjoy the ups and downs of a bubble playoff team. 

Exactly right. I find it funny people think green needs to fire up an nhl team. there professional athletes, if anything that's Bo job. All Green needs to do is prepare the boys for each game and have a plan for each team, which we know every coach does. I think people believe Green should be scoring goals out there lol. Sure he could do some tweaking when things are going our way, but the players are the ones who get paid to score goals.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, Coconuts said:

No more games against the Devils this year right?

How the &^@# have we lost eleven in a row to New Jersey?

I'm pissed. 

Answer:   Same Coach - same in-effective coaching strategy.     Enough said.   

P.S. Green & Newell's days are numbered (thank god)

4 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Makes me almost not want to log in..

One win every one thinks we winning Cup.. cpl losses we are worst team in league...

Sick of it.. so many negative ppl on this board...

We have a very good team.. it's ok these things happen ... So what we lost cpl games.. it happens... It's part of the process.

While I don't think the sky is falling (yet), it's more than "a couple games"

They've only won 1 game in the last 6, and have only scored 8 goals during that period. That should be raising eyebrows more than it is.
You can't dig too many holes that size in one season, or you're out of the race. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, fecklund said:

No. We have the craftsmen who have the right tools, but we're lacking proper guidance.
ie: the coaching staff is sub par, aside from Green. I'm still giving him a pass, because I really do think he could be a great coach - but he has no support. Or the support that is there, isn't working.... there's a thing to be said about chemistry behind the bench as well. 

Yeah that's essentially what I meant ;)... tools = players, craftsmen = assistant coaches. The manager (head coach) can only do as much as what his men brings to the table with those tools.

58 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

The slide is real. 

No sugar coating it. 

Everyone needs to be better 10% next game.  Green needs to bag skate the guys. Send some down to AHL or whatever.  

Green can bag skate himself too along with his staff.

39 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's no good to have us all "positioning" around the perimeter to try to find a lane (that never opens up).  GD go in there and create one, by moving their guys out of the way.  They did seem to try to throw it at the net in order to go for a greasy goal, but nothing materialized.

That's how I'd coach it.  And I have absolutely no knowledge on the subject but that's the angry housewife way.  Grrrr, move outta the way of my wine and chocolate/bull in china shop.  Not perfectly executed, but chaotically crashing through to get what's needed.

I agree and good point.   If you go back and look at most of the PP goals earlier in the season and the PP attempts in the last few games, the glaring difference is that we've recoiled back to the ol'  passing around the perimeter routine - that is much less effective.   This comes back down to the coaches motivating and pushing the players to go back into the dirty zone and "earn" the goals.