The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

39 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Makes me almost not want to log in..

One win every one thinks we winning Cup.. cpl losses we are worst team in league...

Sick of it.. so many negative ppl on this board...

We have a very good team.. it's ok these things happen ... So what we lost cpl games.. it happens... It's part of the process.

Hey, there is like 60+ games left the season is over

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

This board is so damn negative...

St Louis won the cup last year lost many in a row.

Why is everyone so damn negative

Using what St Louis did last year as a reason for hope isn’t realistic.  They did what literally no team in the history of the league had done before.  

That said. I seriously doubt the Canucks will find themselves in dead last come January. So they won’t need such an epic turn around 

1 hour ago, canuck2288 said:

You do you justify such pathetic in game coaching that’s allows our third line to be on the ice as we pull our goalie? 

how does that happen? 

we bloody well had Sutter and Pearson on the ice with our net empty trying to tie the game with Miller and Boeser on the bench 

Green is a pathetic coach, why am I the only one that sees that? 

Nope, I agree man, it’s bad same old playing a few guys he loves while shaking up every line that was working. Always Leivo or Pearson and sometimes Schaller up to the top six or top line. A bunch of duds on when to pull the goalie in general. Shoot out line ups are pathetic often. List goes on, I’ve brought out my feelings a couple weeks ago when we were winning about some of these problems and some freaked out glad to see there’s more of us coming out. Green won’t be the guy to get us to the next level. Sometimes he’s only a step better than Willie. Next coach should have a little more NHL experience imo. 

Blackwood is like Tretiak against the Canucks. They can't score on him. Devils were missing Vatanen on D as well, still couldn't score. Next up is Nashville. Not getting easier. Sad news about Markstrom's Dad, so I expect Demko will be the starter for a while. No issues with the goaltending. But holy heck, they need to get better if they want to keep up with the rest of the west.  

If the Canucks miss the playoffs in 2020, is Green gone? Or will they wait for them to miss the 2021 playoffs too? At that point they will have given away one of their 1sts. 

1 hour ago, BlueDragon23 said:

4 game losing streak. We have hit a massive wall. This team needs to start proving to us they are for real, because they are reverting back to how they played the last few years.

I’m sick of losing.

What do you mean by "for real"? Are we better than LA or Detroit? Absolutely. Are we a play-off team? Not many picked the Canucks, besides their fans, to make the top 8 this year. I mean even JB wanted protection for missing the play-offs in the Miller trade, tells you what his confidence level was for this year. It takes time. So if you mean a contender by "real" then you are asking the team to prove something they can't prove.

1 hour ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

“When you're scoring, you think you got all the answers, and when you don't you search for them. There's no magic answer for goals... Our game looks very similar to when we were scoring, we had some good looks. I liked a lot of parts of our game again.” - Green

Every single Green postgame contains this line .

8 minutes ago, coastal1 said:

What do you mean by "for real"? Are we better than LA or Detroit? Absolutely. Are we a play-off team? Not many picked the Canucks, besides their fans, to make the top 8 this year. I mean even JB wanted protection for missing the play-offs in the Miller trade, tells you what his confidence level was for this year. It takes time. So if you mean a contender by "real" then you are asking the team to prove something they can't prove.

Prove that they are a playoff team; not a lottery contender. That’s what I meant. Not expecting them to blow the doors off or anything, just prove they can compete and make the playoffs. Players have been saying it all season so far.