The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] New Jersey Devils at Vancouver Canucks | Nov. 10, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

Our “system” of chip and chase does not work with this roster. It never will 

we need to manage in game way better. It’s absolutely unforgivable having who we had out trying to tie the game 

putting lines in the blender was not going to help, EP on the 4th line? Seriously?

if that is atom coaching what is man? 

so frustrated we pissed away our start to the season now the stagger caught us and the schedule gets killer tough  

We played the same in October, try again sparky. 

37 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

To many Chiefs not enuff Warriors. <_<

Bo needs to step up and talk to these guys. 

Are from Kelowna or something? Chiefs and warriors? The two names for the junior teams under the rockets junior b kijhl chiefs and the junior a bchl warriors west Kelowna 

i worked for both lol

29 minutes ago, nucksnavsfan said:

Rousell is coming :wub:

Tbh with the state this team's in right now I don't think having a mid-tier player or two back will make much difference. To me the biggest problem is they aren't playing as a 5-men unit on the ice as they did last month.

On offence there's too much space between forwards and defense pair, so cycling gets broken up easily letting the other team gets to the loose puck and clears the zone. On defence our gap control is also often suspect, eerily similar to the last year's level sometimes, and the other team skates circles around us at will.

In situations like this it's gotta be the coaching staff who should brainstorm and come up with necessary "adjustments" to their game plan, before each game based on the opponent.

You just can't keep playing the same style of game every night and pray "Good things will happen if we keep doing what we're doing." Other teams study you, video review you and figure out the best way to shut you down, especially when you're a good team.

This is not a knock on Green btw. Rather, it has perhaps more to do with his assistant coaches because usually they are the ones who come up with detailed game plan corresponding to their area of expertise (Brown & Baumer in particular). 

You can't sustain winning in this league without constantly adapting and adjusting. It's that simple.

Edited by 1-d
  • Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, fecklund said:

Baumer and Brown should have been let go before this season. 
Clark is a no brainer. sign him for life.
This management team needs to think outside the box a bit ad go find capable people to replace those two. 
The PP should easily be in the top 10 and stay there with the guys we have. 
The defence has improved massively since last year but still looks lost at times, ad that shouldn't be happening either.
I'm sure Benning is aware of all that so we'll just wait and see. 
Green is a good coach, but all great coaches are surrounded by solid assistants, and we don't have that IMO.

Agreed. Both ass coaches didn’t deserve any sort of extension. At the end of the season should have been where a decision was made. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

I get I come across as negative but I want the guys to win and when I see stuff that stops us from winning I will speak up. Does not make me less of a fan, just not satisfied with the status quo 

If you posted less over simplified and over exaggerations about the coach and more balanced praise and criticism myself and others would take you more seriously.

I get you're passionate as most of us here are. But calling our coach an atom level coach is disingenuous at best. He has his work to do, he needs to solve the trap, he needs to make better use of timeouts, but he is a legitimate NHL coach. Like it or not. 

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

If you posted less over simplified and over exaggerations about the coach and more balanced praise and criticism myself and others would take you more seriously.

I get you're passionate as most of us here are. But calling our coach an atom level coach is disingenuous at best. He has his work to do, he needs to solve the trap, he needs to make better use of timeouts, but he is a legitimate NHL coach. Like it or not. 

He may not be at the atom level but he is not a legitimate NHL coach 

I gave the guy 2 season before I gave up on him 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

League wide, these clowns are horrid. 

The thing is, when they introduced the 2 ref system in '98, it was supposed to improve the game.
I think we can agree (or should!), that it's gotten worse.
Think of a real estate trend chart that has dips and spikes over time, but consistently goes up.... except with NHL officials, the chart trends down. 
A question is, how bad is this going to have to get before something is done about it? I mean these guys are supposed to be the best of the best, just like the players at this level - and this is what we have to deal with?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1