The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there a way to follow the Canucks without Rogers Sportsnet

Rate this topic

11 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

He cancels Rogers because of a comment made by a person he does not respect.

He then asks to support Rogers because he wants to watch Canuck's hockey.

You do not see a problem with that?

Whether I see a problem with that is irrelevant. The guy wasn't asking for a shrink so there's no need to psychoanalyze his motives or reasons for his decisions. The guy made a decision and took a stand.  It doesn't really matter whether that decision was right or wrong, I applaud his boldness and conviction

2 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Whether I see a problem with that is irrelevant. The guy wasn't asking for a shrink so there's no need to psychoanalyze his motives or reasons for his decisions. The guy made a decision and took a stand.  It doesn't really matter whether that decision was right or wrong, I applaud his boldness and conviction

You can do whatever you feel like. However, you may be in the wrong place. CDC is full of Grammar police, people calling others trolls and I bet there are a few Trump supporters.

My point was a valid opinion and you have tried to shut down my opinion with a bunch of blah blah blah because you chose to support his right to make a decision that he will regret in less  than a month. Good for you.

11 hours ago, kurtis said:

My wife and I canceled are phones and internet with rogers. Will never go back to those losers. We did our part :) 

your still supporting rogers , cdc is powered by rogers  you need to start boycotting all companies that advertise with rogers  no Budweiser  boston pizza esso   tim hortons   the canucks etc  lol

Edited by the grinder
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

20 hours ago, Provost said:

Ya, so how is the NHL behind the times? They got $5.2 billion dollars for those exclusive Canadian rights and Rogers only paid that because it was exclusive.

Why would they devalue their rights so folks had choices of provider?

Who says they have to devalue, just extend the Rogers stream into Game Center app. It would actually allow them to better service the contract by extending coverage to the app. Would provide Rogers a LOT of advantages.

3 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

Who says they have to devalue, just extend the Rogers stream into Game Center app. It would actually allow them to better service the contract by extending coverage to the app. Would provide Rogers a LOT of advantages.

rogers already has the advantage   , they are forcing you to buy cable if you want to watch canucks games  12 months x 75 bucks if not more or  , game center that is just an add on to watch out of market games  at what 199 bucks? and btw rogers owns the rights to  nhl game center too  . if rogers did what you are saying it would be like 200 bucks a month to watch games  lol

23 hours ago, FaninMex said:

You can do whatever you feel like. However, you may be in the wrong place. CDC is full of Grammar police, people calling others trolls and I bet there are a few Trump supporters.

My point was a valid opinion and you have tried to shut down my opinion with a bunch of blah blah blah because you chose to support his right to make a decision that he will regret in less  than a month. Good for you.

says the guy who cheers on don cherry getting fired for expressing his opinion then insults the op for again expressing an opinion, the hypocrisy is amazing.  Projection much calling people controlled for not following the main stream media talking points and thinking exactly like everyone else

for what its worth i cancelled my cable.  To many snowflakes pandering to endless social justice outrage. The lady on the social who called all hockey players rude white guy is fine,  the prime minister wearing blackface is fine, don saying "you people" telling everyone to buy poppies is too much though.

its selective outrage all to push political agendas  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/16/2019 at 10:16 AM, nucklehead said:

funny I just had the thought this morning, or maybe it was wishful thinking, that with his firing it might help some to grow up a bit. Cherry really wasn't a national treasure or icon and shouldn't be thought of that way. A more turned out, shall we say, role model needs to step  in to fill the void but the time of Cherry is past. Let's move on. 

how?

this move is to appease the perpetually offended outrage cancel culture social justice warriors.  They get to cheer that opinions have consequence and gloat that censorship wins the day.  This move empowers the very people who need to do the growing up to act even more like spoiled children.  Now everything and anything you disagree with you can get rid of just by calling it bigoted or racist. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

says the guy who cheers on don cherry getting fired for expressing his opinion then insults the op for again expressing an opinion, the hypocrisy is amazing.  Projection much calling people controlled for not following the main stream media talking points and thinking exactly like everyone else

for what its worth i cancelled my cable.  To many snowflakes pandering to endless social justice outrage. The lady on the social who called all hockey players rude white guy is fine,  the prime minister wearing blackface is fine, don saying "you people" telling everyone to buy poppies is too much though.

its selective outrage all to push political agendas  

I did not say he could not have an opinion. I do not cheer for Don Cherry or what he said. I simply said that the OP let the words of someone who he does not like, control him. 

The following guy said my answer was gross and I defended my position and opinion. He then said "what I said was irrelevant" to which I responded in your quote.

Take it where you will but I never said his opinion was wrong. I said he should consider it more thoughtfully. 

I should also make it known that I do not know what Don Cherry said other than what some have posted here. I do not care about him so it was not worth looking or reading about it. I only read the OP post and made my original comment

Edited by FaninMex
added info

On 11/16/2019 at 8:27 AM, Canuckster86 said:

streaming I have found to be very difficult to find a hd stream with good feed. Also, won't have the John and John as commentators

really ive had no problem finding aHD stream with home and away feeds.

8 hours ago, FaninMex said:

I did not say he could not have an opinion. I do not cheer for Don Cherry or what he said. I simply said that the OP let the words of someone who he does not like, control him. 

The following guy said my answer was gross and I defended my position and opinion. He then said "what I said was irrelevant" to which I responded in your quote.

Take it where you will but I never said his opinion was wrong. I said he should consider it more thoughtfully. 

I should also make it known that I do not know what Don Cherry said other than what some have posted here. I do not care about him so it was not worth looking or reading about it. I only read the OP post and made my original comment

don was talking about the people he sees in downtown toronto who don't wear poppies.  He used the term "you people" to describe this group.  He used the term "these people" to describe the canadian veterans and servicemen.  CBC did a coordinated media push to label him a bigot racist for daring to use the term YOU PEOPLE.  took the quote out of context and implied it was an attack on immigration as if no single person on the streets of toronto is a native canadian.  Cherry said literally nothing racist but in todays cancel culture climate the truth is of little consequence. 

Social justice should never be above the rule of law

fake news if fine as long as it feels right, then everyone clapped

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, 4thLineGrinder said:

don was talking about the people he sees in downtown toronto who don't wear poppies.  He used the term "you people" to describe this group.  He used the term "these people" to describe the canadian veterans and servicemen.  CBC did a coordinated media push to label him a bigot racist for daring to use the term YOU PEOPLE.  took the quote out of context and implied it was an attack on immigration as if no single person on the streets of toronto is a native canadian.  Cherry said literally nothing racist but in todays cancel culture climate the truth is of little consequence. 

Social justice should never be above the rule of law

fake news if fine as long as it feels right, then everyone clapped

You know, one can make a good argument if SN over-reacted.  I think they did. IMO they should have let it ride a bit, allow Don to have a week to decompress, think about it, have it explained to him, (because I do think he sometimes doesn't even realize how he comes off) Maybe if he agreed to come back on and have a discussion with immigrant hockey fans that did wear a poppy.

But please, don't mischaracterize what he was saying, and implying.  The "land of milk and honey" is an old colloquialism originating in the US about immigrants coming to America. To get in on the riches of this new frontier. Don's quote in part was "You people ... you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey"   It was directed at new Canadians. When in fact many native born Canadians, including downtown Torontonians, also do not bother to wear a poppy. 

And I'd go further, maybe Ill get roasted, but if anyone can get a pass for not wearing a poppy it is new immigrants.  Yes to be a perfect Canadian, you read up on all our history, and retroactively admire our veterans, our wars we sacrificed for, and make sure you buy a poppy.  But of anyone in Canadian society I'd give more of a pass to in not wearing a poppy it is new Canadians, many have fled from their own violent war history, and closer to home and more recent.  That's what they first think of when thinking of war sacrifices.  Is it a very thoughtful gesture to adopt our tradition of wearing a poppy for our historical sacrifices of their new country?....of course.   But with so many native born Canadians that also could care less, it was totally inappropriate to imply that its only "you people" that come here to get our "milk and honey" that don't wear the poppy. It was insulting to all new Canadians....just at at time when the NHL is making efforts to be more inclusive.  More importantly for SN, with racial demographics shifting its not all done for PC reasons, its mostly financial, (They even have a Punjabi HNIC ffs)

That said it as about a plastic poppy you wear for a day.  I don't think SN handled it well.  Cherry, love him or hate him, deserved a more...carefully considered..way to come to his senses and realize how his statement may have been seen as bigoted against one group.  I don't think he is a racist in the classical definition. Even when he's dissed foreign born players. I always thought it was more that he was biased FOR Canadian born players, than he was AGAINST foreign players. 

NHL center ice and a reliable VPN service are your best bet. Unfortunately you'll have to pay for the VPN service too, but they're relatively inexpensive and allow you to change your login location to pretty much anywhere in the world so you wont have games blacked out.

• Thanks 1

On 11/16/2019 at 2:39 PM, Stelar said:

1. NHL Game Center is through Rogers and if your in BC the games are blacked out.

2. Just because someone wants to take a stand on something doesn't mean they have to grow up

I subscribed only to find out it's not available in Mexico where i live for part of the season. Still waiting for my refund!