The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is there a way to follow the Canucks without Rogers Sportsnet

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, the grinder said:

35 years on  hockey night in Canada  ( an iconic show)and he isn't an icon  lol   I don't agree with everything he has said but to say he isn't iconic that is absurd 

Don is a shrewd business man who saw and exploited an opportunity and rode the wave years beyond his best before date. He was a sideshow hired for his entertainment value. He was good for business right up until the moment that he no longer was. Sportsnet made a business decision and that's all there is to it. If people want to elevate him in their minds they will but he is destined to fade away into obscurity now. He could have gone out on top but he stayed too long. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

Don is a shrewd business man who saw and exploited an opportunity and rode the wave years beyond his best before date. He was a sideshow hired for his entertainment value. He was good for business right up until the moment that he no longer was. Sportsnet made a business decision and that's all there is to it. If people want to elevate him in their minds they will but he is destined to fade away into obscurity now. He could have gone out on top but he stayed too long. 

I totally agree Don should have been replaced a few years ago.  I disagree that he will fade into obscurity.  Don Cherry’s second death (the death of his legacy) will last a very long time.)

20 minutes ago, nucklehead said:

yes he is, the rockem sockem hockey videos  made him a ton of money  . well hnic sportsnet kept offering him contracts right ??? who is exploiting who ?  if they thought he was past his due date why did keeping offering him contracts ? why because of money  and to keep the icon don cherry on the air .. rogers makes more money off cherry than cherry earns . you know coaches corner is taped right ?  yet sportsnet ran it multiple times.  im not saying cherry was right in what he said and he apologized for it  just like the mean white boys women , she should be fired  , we all want equality right ?  her comment were equally  wrong   

.   to vilify  don cherry  in making money is absolutely a joke  , meanwhile rogers is a multi billion multi media platform   im sure don will eventually fade away as rogers takes over the world , because I just paid my phone internet and cable bill  to those bastards  

• Upvote 1

I don't watch Sportsnet anymore, probably shouldn't say how I watch the games but it's no real trade secret anyway. Don Cherry shenanigans just further proves Sportsnet is butt cheeks. The whole network is garbo. I wanted Don Cherry gone years ago as well. But I was fine with him staying. All I had to do was not watch Coach's Corner. Lol. Or at least let the man go like a gentleman. Not fire the guy on Remembrance Day for a harmless comment. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Yeah, the age of outrage and hyper sensitivity is here. Maybe anyone that says anything remotely edgy shouldnt just lose their jobs, we should tar, feather and stone them to death. 

not my point. the guys and anachronism, a vestige of the uncouth past, a sideshow buffoon.  

• Cheers 1

11 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Sorry to hear that you allow others to control you. I hope you recover soon.

We are the Borg...resistance is futile!  Do you make it a habit of posting such ridiculous, asinine comments! At least the guy has the balls to stand up for what he believes in.

Those who belittle people for voicing their opinion are really the ones who are controlled.

Give the guy a break!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Those who belittle people for voicing their opinion are really the ones who are controlled.

12 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

Do you make it a habit of posting such ridiculous, asinine comments!

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

streaming I have found to be very difficult to find a hd stream with good feed. Also, won't have the John and John as commentators

Reddit.com/r/nhlstreams 

It’s top notch. Bilasports is my go to 

7 hours ago, VegasCanuck said:

This drives me nuts as well. I have Internet through Shaw, but I shut off TV service because there is NEVER anything worth watching that I can’t get on Netflix or other streaming services.

I have NHL Game Center, but games are usually blacked out, because of broadcasting agreements that are 50 years behind the times.

Need the NHL to wake up and realize its not 1985 anymore and that there are other ways of doing it now that still allows them to have an agreement with big media.

Would be interested to see how many agree with me.

Ya, so how is the NHL behind the times? They got $5.2 billion dollars for those exclusive Canadian rights and Rogers only paid that because it was exclusive.

Why would they devalue their rights so folks had choices of provider?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

We are the Borg...resistance is futile!  Do you make it a habit of posting such ridiculous, asinine comments! At least the guy has the balls to stand up for what he believes in.

Give the guy a break!

First of all, I cannot do it but you can? Can you also say hypocrite? 

Second, If a person you do not respect says or does something that has no bearing on your life it is nothing. If you choose to become so offended that you then make a decision that causes a detrimental effect on your life, then yes, you have been controlled by the said comment or action.

There is so much more wrong with the OP and your comment but I have a headache and do not feel like getting into more. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

First of all, I cannot do it but you can? Can you also say hypocrite? 

Second, If a person you do not respect says or does something that has no bearing on your life it is nothing. If you choose to become so offended that you then make a decision that causes a detrimental effect on your life, then yes, you have been controlled by the said comment or action.

There is so much more wrong with the OP and your comment but I have a headache and do not feel like getting into more. 

my comments were directed at the complete ignorance of your statement, not your person. Unlike your red-herring comment that diverted from the question the OP asked and called into question their mental health - just for voicing an opinion you didn't like. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, ItsAllOursBoys said:

my comments were directed at the complete ignorance of your statement, not your person. Unlike your red-herring comment that diverted from the question the OP asked and called into question their mental health - just for voicing an opinion you didn't like. 

He cancels Rogers because of a comment made by a person he does not respect.

He then asks to support Rogers because he wants to watch Canuck's hockey.

You do not see a problem with that?