The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

No Time To Panic

Rate this topic

Nuxfanabroad

I would have to agree after watching the game, If this team is going to make the playoff it's going to be someone else running the powerplay and coaching. The only players I would see on next years rosters would be Horvat,Pettersson,Boeser,Gaudette,Miller,Virtanen, Edler, Hughes, Demko. Myers has been ok but 4 points in 22 games at 6 million ouch.

I don’t think we’re ready yet.

the biggest problem with that is that the fans are beyond ready. We’re tired of sitting in average to below average, and when we see exciting prospects we can’t help but get ahead of ourselves. Like life this rebuild Is a marathon not a sprint. Our backend is not playoff caliber IMO.  I mean maybe if up front everyone produces and our goalies streak us games but only then. It’s my opinion I don’t need to be quoted I’ve already expressed my

opinion on myers.

Edited by Bertuzzi44ever

1 hour ago, WCE said:

I would have to agree after watching the game, If this team is going to make the playoff it's going to be someone else running the powerplay and coaching. The only players I would see on next years rosters would be Horvat,Pettersson,Boeser,Gaudette,Miller,Virtanen, Edler, Hughes, Demko. Myers has been ok but 4 points in 22 games at 6 million ouch.

He really hasn’t been ok. He’s been giving the puck away, taking lazy penalties, missing the net, not using his size, and literally costing us games (remember the 3 on 0 the blues ot winner) anyways I wasn’t going to go on about it but I don’t get it, have people been watching him?

• Wat 1

39 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

At least everyone else around us is losing. Parity in the nhl is at an all time high. Its becoming the NFL where one year you can be trash and the next season your in the superbowl.

There seem to be less great teams. I mean how many teams

can you say are truly great.

boston Washington St. Louis ....of course Colorado and A few others could be argued, Im talking about elite Tampa bay too but they’ve been average this season 

I was panicking, but now I realize that the Canucks just aren't a good team right now. They have some great pieces, but it hasn't come together yet. Maybe it's a coaching issue. I think they'll miss the playoffs this year and get a couple of more good picks at the Draft. Juolevi seems to be a bust. Guy can't stay healthy and he hasn't even played in the NHL yet.    

• Cheers 1

why would anyone panic?  Anyone with any hockey sense should have known, in September, that this was going to be a roller coaster season, with high highs and low lows..........that's how it is with a team built on the shoulders of young players.

• Upvote 1