The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Nucks @ Caps 23/11/2019 9:30AM Pacific || Live on Sportsnet ||

Rate this topic

xereau

1 minute ago, Bertuzzi44ever said:

I had everyone and their mother tell me I was going to be wrong. Even though I’m the one who’s watched the guy 300 times before he came here.

if you like watching the awkward slug who never uses his size takes atrocious penalties misses the net, creates zero offense, gives the puck away non stop and is on pace for zero goals and 15 assists by seasons end at 6 million be by guest. Excuse me if I can’t say told you so once

:bored:

• Upvote 1

This third is going to be a grind. I like the way Miller/Pearson/Leivo/Gaudette are battling. Boeser too.

Its gunna take some hard work in the corners, one way or another, to take a lead I think. Unless we can grind out to OT but if we sit back like that the Caps will pounce on us.

This will be a test. Gotta go right at them & make a push. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, CptCanuck16 said:

Why do they never try the backdoor play on the PP?  Prime example, Pettersson in the corner/ half wall and all 4 PK'ers on his side of the ice. All Hughes has to do is a sneak down from the opposite point with his stick on the ice and wa-lah.

Hughes shouldn't be the one sneaking. Boeser should've went down. Saw the same play and I also saw Boeser standing at the far blueline waiting for what?

• Upvote 1

Just now, diesel_3 said:

Ya, he popped him and talked a little trash.

Adrenaline after knocking somebody on their backside is a hell of a drug.

Energizes your team too. And when the opposing team sees no response it's pretty much like telling them it's open season on the opposing stars. Wilson and Gudas taking healthy runs at our stars. All they got were some "why I oughttas" from Pearson.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Gaudette Celly said:

Except Leivo is a shooter not a playmaker, and Megna never ran a PP unit.

He is, but still has a better on-ice vision and passing niche than Pearson, Virtanen and even Boeser.

And I'm sure not having Megna run a pp was Willie's biggest regret...

2 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

It's not really a "victim complex" to point out the ones that are soft/missed though?

It's not like there's a quota that's reached that should "satisfy".  

We deserved those pp's ... they weren't gifted.

I hear what you’re saying but the problem is elite players like Petterson can’t have every call go their way or we would have twenty power plays a game. This happens to every elite star in also a sabres fan and Eichel draws what would be 20 powerplays a game by the refs cal it maybe only a couple times. Is it fair? No. But At least it’s that way for all stars. We’re not the only team not getting missed calls, infact thirty other teams get less then we do as I said. You can say we earned them all. Thats not true, to suggest we haven’t had one powerplays this year that wasn’t a questionable call is pretty biased to an insane level we were almost 25 games into the year and there’s usually at least one questionable one almost every game for both teams.

i shouldn’t of talked about the victim complex though 

2 minutes ago, Nuck1991 said:

why isnt the first PP unit skating? Boeser can never seem to get open to shoot.

Its partly because other teams now know about Brocks shot from the high slot, but you'd think with our double threat of Petey on one side and Brock on the other, Brock would be open more often for his one timer.  I miss that first season when almost every blistering shot from his position went in.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I hope your right but I’m doubtful. Before Wilson started contributing offensively he made a name for himself by playing on and sometimes over the edge and became  one of the most feared guys in the league. Then he started scoring goals. Virtanen has all the tools as we have all beaten to death around here but he is severely lacking between the ears which is holding him back from being like a Tom Wilson. This is Virtanens 5th year now..

I might disagree..

Wilson was asked for exact same game Virtanen is being asked of..

He became physical 4 years maybe 5 into his career..

Look.. I'm a huge EP and Horvat guy... I'm not Virtanen guy... I have a good feeling Virtanen will be a physical guy...

Wilson? No. Wilson is a fighter. He's more like a Shanahan..I just think Virtanen will be a physical hitter...

Maybe im wrong..  1 or 2 more yrs..

4 minutes ago, CptCanuck16 said:

Why do they never try the backdoor play on the PP?  Prime example, Pettersson in the corner/ half wall and all 4 PK'ers on his side of the ice. All Hughes has to do is a sneak down from the opposite point with his stick on the ice and wa-lah.

Because our point men never move down. It's absolutely mind boggling. We have an extra man and never use it haha

• Upvote 1