The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Oilers, 7PM PST December 1, 2019 -- B2B Part 2 Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

4 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Can't really do much about that with Nurse flopping around like a fish and the moron ref lapping it up

I agree about Nurse but...one hading your stick at shoulder height or sticking your knee.out are careless.and the kind.of penalties refs call all.the time.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

He went back to play in the Finland's top league and last I checked was a point per game player, so doing really well.  

However he's drawn a line in the sand and has said that he'll only come back to the NHL if he gets traded to another team.  So that's where we sit, unless I've missed some stuff in the last month. 

He also said he's staying in Finland for the year even if traded now. 

Just now, VforVirtanen said:

You are asking why they give the best player in the game time and space. Pretty sure they are trying to keep him playing in his own end but he’s pretty tough to contain. 

Reminds me of when I took a young woman to a football game and had her say “why don’t they just run around all those guys trying to block them?”

as in, easier said than gone. 

I meant when we are in a zone defense situation. Our defensive system is seemingly to collapse, I'm just saying I've noticed we've collapsed on top players allowing them extra time + space a few times this year & they've made us pay for it. McDavid on that goal, Mackinnon multiple times on retro night, Malkin when he unleashed that clapper in PIT. (With Gaudette standing watching)

We need to take note of those top guys & get right at them. Easier said then done but its something I've noticed more than a few times this year. Even Draisaitl last game, Eriksson just stood there & let him rifle one off the post early in the game.

When Pettersson has the puck in zone the opposition is right on him hounding him, we need to have that mentality with the other top players. 

12 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

I agree about Nurse but...one hading your stick at shoulder height or sticking your knee.out are careless.and the kind.of penalties refs call all.the time.

Dib, your sentence structure and punctuation are deteriorating. You okay?

• Haha 2