The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Serious question, can anyone explain?

Rate this topic

BrockBoester

Tanev  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I've been noticing this since about the beginning of this season.

Pre 2019-2020 season, was our defenseman not most commonly referred to as "Chris Tanev"?

When did the decision get made to start calling him "Christopher", and why, in your opinion?

Can anyone speculate? Would this have been a request from "Christopher" himself to start using his full first name? Did the commentators say it once and it just caught on? Or is it possibly a Bettman/Reptilian controlled conspiracy?

I'm just having difficulty adjusting every time I hear him called "Christopher Tanev" now and I'm wondering if anyone has an idea why the change took place.

Please note this is not one of my "joke" threads - I am genuinely curious if anyone knows what happened here! I'm actually losing sleep over it as we speak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

I've been noticing this since about the beginning of this season.

Pre 2019-2020 season, was our defenseman not most commonly referred to as "Chris Tanev"?

When did the decision get made to start calling him "Christopher", and why, in your opinion?

Can anyone speculate? Would this have been a request from "Christopher" himself to start using his full first name? Did the commentators say it once and it just caught on? Or is it possibly a Bettman/Reptilian controlled conspiracy?

I'm just having difficulty adjusting every time I hear him called "Christopher Tanev" now and I'm wondering if anyone has an idea why the change took place.

Please note this is not one of my "joke" threads - I am genuinely curious if anyone knows what happened here! I'm actually losing sleep over it as we speak.

Pretty sure his name is grease 

• Haha 2

It happened when his brother changed teams in the summer.

Prior, he was known to teammates as Bran, or Tanman, which didn't bother Chris, also known here as Tanman, as Chris has one more letter than Bran.

But with his new team, Bran let it be known that henceforth he'd like to be called Brandon, which gave Chris problems. - more letters in the name, with family pecking order consequences.  He considered Chrissy, same number but a little weird and Christie, but that was a bridge too far. 

So he settled on Christopher,  and the rest is history.

• Haha 1