The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else worried about Colorado as rivals in the near future?

Rate this topic

Sandro17

On 1/14/2020 at 1:47 AM, ruilin96 said:

I hope the Canucks can win a cup with this core. I feel like this has the potential to be the best Canucks core ever. No disrespect to our former players, but this core seems to have everything you need in core players to build a championship calibre team around.

I wasn't alive to see it but from the looks of it, it looks like the 94 team was the best one ever. Like they had Pavel Bure, the greatest goal scorer in Canucks history and Linden who was clutch even when he was older. 

But if this core of Petey, Miller, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Virtanen continue to improve every year they could easily surpass that team. But they aren't even close yet. 

On 1/16/2020 at 10:32 PM, Unknown1995 said:

I wasn't alive to see it but from the looks of it, it looks like the 94 team was the best one ever. Like they had Pavel Bure, the greatest goal scorer in Canucks history and Linden who was clutch even when he was older. 

But if this core of Petey, Miller, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes, Virtanen continue to improve every year they could easily surpass that team. But they aren't even close yet. 

".........Linden who was clutch even when he was older. " Old????? Linden was the same age then, as Horvat is now. Bure was a year younger than Linden

. And Bure not only was the greatest goal scorer playing for the 'Nucks, he was as such, one of the greatest goal scorers in the league. Plus one of the fastest skaters ever. even by today's standards.

I'm stoked for our present and upcoming lineup. Yes, the future is bright, but its full potential is yet unseen. Give it a couple of more seasons. That being said, watching them now is making me smile alot more! 

3 hours ago, NexusRift said:

".........Linden who was clutch even when he was older. " Old????? Linden was the same age then, as Horvat is now. Bure was a year younger than Linden

. And Bure not only was the greatest goal scorer playing for the 'Nucks, he was as such, one of the greatest goal scorers in the league. Plus one of the fastest skaters ever. even by today's standards.

I'm stoked for our present and upcoming lineup. Yes, the future is bright, but its full potential is yet unseen. Give it a couple of more seasons. That being said, watching them now is making me smile alot more! 

Like I said, I wasn't even born when the 94 run happened. I was referring to Lindin's clutch goal in game 7 of the 2007 Dallas series. My point was he was clutch when he was older, imagine how clutch he would have been when he was younger. And he was clutch in 94 when he scored 2 goals in game 7 well he was pretty injured (There must also be moments I don't know of). 

Edited by Guest

should be an awesome series for years to come but the canucks need 1-2 more high caliber  dmen to compete with the avs d. but i do believe we will have better forwards especially if gaudette and his linemates can dominate in a few years giving the nucks 3 talented and offensive lines and lets see if avs can match that. hopefully petey and who ever needs a new contract takes a hometown discount like what mackinnon says he would to help the team for the future. miss those days of sakic, forsberg, foote, and roy vs nasland, big bert, jovo just wish we had a better goalie in those years

Agree, that I am not worried cause the cap affects each team without any prejudice and they are in a different division.   Colorado is somewhat, ahead of us in the compete cycle and in a shrewd move, was able to sign Mckinnon to a reasonable cap hit which enabled them to build the roster they have.

In my opinion, the Avs, might be a few years away from a Laffs situation (due to the high end talent that they had accumulated and those players wanted to get paid) but Sakic, will be the x factor cause he seems to have a little bit more sense than Dubas which will probably, extend there competitive window - maybe ?. 

As a Canuck fan, the bright side is, that we are not competing with the Cali teams within our division; so that leaves, the two Alberta teams and Vegas.  Seems like a perfect time, for the Canucks to be beginning there competitive window.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski

On 1/19/2020 at 1:36 AM, dszeto80 said:

should be an awesome series for years to come but the canucks need 1-2 more high caliber  dmen to compete with the avs d. but i do believe we will have better forwards especially if gaudette and his linemates can dominate in a few years giving the nucks 3 talented and offensive lines and lets see if avs can match that. hopefully petey and who ever needs a new contract takes a hometown discount like what mackinnon says he would to help the team for the future. miss those days of sakic, forsberg, foote, and roy vs nasland, big bert, jovo just wish we had a better goalie in those years

Ditto, the games between these two teams are always a good watch...

5 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

They're definitely a scary team. Still kind of weird that they're not in our division. 

I think the Canucks are a couple years behind Colorado in our rebuild, but they should worry about us too.

Yeah, we seem more settled in the goaltending dept compared to them.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

lol the only way we meet colorado is as a WC team or in the conference final... a lot have to go right for either of those to happen.. so no not really.. but in terms of players atm

Landeskog>horvat

Rantanen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boeser

Mackinnon>pettersson slightly as Mackinnon have the fire grit and extra gear in intensity atm

Makar=Hughes

their Top 4> our top 4

their top 4 in the future>>>>>>>>> our top 4

4 hours ago, wai_lai416 said:

lol the only way we meet colorado is as a WC team or in the conference final... a lot have to go right for either of those to happen.. so no not really.. but in terms of players atm

Landeskog>horvat

Rantanen>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Boeser

Mackinnon>pettersson slightly as Mackinnon have the fire grit and extra gear in intensity atm

Makar=Hughes

their Top 4> our top 4

their top 4 in the future>>>>>>>>> our top 4

That's a lot of >>  then signs for Rantanen ha ha. 

If you compare players at how their years went at the same age your thread doesn't hold water...and Landeskog plays with those other two...wonder how well he'd do with Pearson and LE?    Despite their teams core all on second or third contracts with the exception of Makar - im still not that worried if we meet them in the playoffs - even this year.

And it's not just that their goaltending isn't as good - because well really it's very close.   Both their 1a and 1b  sp is respectable.   As for BB, he's the fourth highest R winger the last game he played.   And doesn't play with McKinnon.  As for McKinnon, EPs first two seasons separately and together > then his, so it likely will be easier to compare apples to apples as far as Rantanen and BB - assuming he gets his job back on the top line in a few years.  

I like our chances against COL....