The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks @ Sharks, 7PM PST December 14, 2019 -- Shark Tank Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

6 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Captain Horvat and the identity forging Canucks against the Sharks. 

Showing up isn’t enough.

Answering the bell, isn’t enough. 

Its time to initiate and/or come out on top for a change; intimidate. 

Against the Sharks, this is a pipe dream, I get that, but they also need to start making space for themselves within the Pacific and NW by fighting for it. 

The approach the team brings against the Sharks will help me understand who TG is as a coach and who the Canucks think they are as players, a team and a brand of hockey. 

The team has no answer for Kane and a whole lot of others on the Sharks. Not every team does. Unfortunately for my tastes, this is still burning my ass as a Canucks fan. 

With the lineup we have right now we have no choice but to turn the other cheek 

that said, nothing stops us from finishing our checks and playing physically....just can’t drop the gloves 

it kills me when our guys do a flyby vs laying a hit on. Ferland and Roussel are the 2 that rarely pass up a chance to lay the body on 

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Captain Horvat and the identity forging Canucks against the Sharks. 

Showing up isn’t enough.

Answering the bell, isn’t enough. 

Its time to initiate and/or come out on top for a change; intimidate. 

Against the Sharks, this is a pipe dream, I get that, but they also need to start making space for themselves within the Pacific and NW by fighting for it. 

The approach the team brings against the Sharks will help me understand who TG is as a coach and who the Canucks think they are as players, a team and a brand of hockey. 

The team has no answer for Kane and a whole lot of others on the Sharks. Not every team does. Unfortunately for my tastes, this is still burning my ass as a Canucks fan. 

I think your points are bang on. Each game win/lose I am watching how players deal with the play and game circumstance. I am usually impressed with both Pearson and Leivo. I thought Ferland came out very strong as he tried to play his game. To soon I guess as his problem has not gone away. 

This club has to be able to play a physical game to have any CUP play success. Relying on a EP40 to bail them out is not enough. Marky bailing them out is not enough. It is a maturing process and this is an opportunity to do some of it. 

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Miller-Pettersson-Virtanen
Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Finally Green is starting to follow my instructions by moving Jake to play with EP and Miller

i would switch Brock for Leivo, but having Brock play against line 3 competition may not be a bad idea 

• Upvote 3

Gotta say, I visited the Shark tank a few years ago for a game and it was a great experience. The fans were really nice to us, the building was good, seemed small and intimate. It had good energy.

We got to travel down with the Canucks alumni and I had the pleasure of hanging out with the great Jyrki Lumme.

Good memories.

Now go kick some ass Nucks!

13 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

Boeser and Leivo should swap spots. Been saying for a very long time Brock should be taken OFF EP's line and put up with Bo

11 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Lines in morning skate:

Pearson-Horvat-Leivo

Roussel-Gaudette-Boeser
Schaller-Beagle-Sutter

Hughes-Myers
Fantenberg-Tanev
Benn-Stecher

I don't like the lines, Jake with  Pettersson and Miller? ugh!!! Jake is fast but not a top 6 yet!   Boeser should be with Horvat and Leivo on the 3rd

• Wat 3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

By the 3rd period Greener will have the lotto line back together because he will realize it was a bad idea but it'll be too late.

Green likes his "pairs" so maybe he see's Miller-Petey as more effective than Petey-Brock, which might be true I don't have the numbers crunched to say one way or the other. But Bo so clearly needs better talent than Leivo on his RW... Pearson-Bo-Brock just seems like a good thing to try out. 3rd line Brock? doesn't sit well with me, he's not a grinder. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1