The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 29, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

11 hours ago, Qwags said:

Classic 5-2 score. Love running the Flames out of their own building. 

SECOND IN THE DIVISION BABY!

That’s a very 2009-2012 score for a Flames/Canucks game. Fond memories of that era, the Daniel hat trick and so on.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's a smart player. He gets criticized for not being physical but the guy is listed a 179 lbs and he's 34.... not sure anyones expectations should be that high. 

But some credit to Green as well, yes injuries necessitated this too, but he could have parked Loui in the press box too, smaller minded guys would have. 

What excites me tho is, if, and its a big IF, this is really a good line it solves a big piece of our even strength scoring woe's if the chemistry is real. 

Green, like us, just wants to win.  He will play LE if he thinks it’s helping us win.  16 minutes for LE/ game says Green trusts LE.  Ray Ferraro says Green coaches a lot like Al Arbour did. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Alflives said:

Green, like us, just wants to win.  He will play LE if he thinks it’s helping us win.  16 minutes for LE/ game says Green trusts LE.  Ray Ferraro says Green coaches a lot like Al Arbour did. 

that would be a nice comparison playoff-wise for us :P

its been nice not seeing the big line blender for the latest winning streak too. 

You have to wonder what is going to happen if/when Ferkie and Sutter come back, but something tells me that may not be a problem for a while. I'm worried about Sutter, I wonder he just can't play at the pace he needs to now and keep a healthy core? 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

its been nice not seeing the big line blender for the latest winning streak too. 

You have to wonder what is going to happen if/when Ferkie and Sutter come back, but something tells me that may not be a problem for a while. I'm worried about Sutter, I wonder he just can't play at the pace he needs to now and keep a healthy core? 

Could see the Ferkmeister back, but IMO Sutter might be done.  Guy never missed games before we got him.  Now like you say his body is just breaking down.  LTIR Island for the remainder of his contract?  

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

guess who Bo and Pearson have their highest 5 on 5 points with? That line has 14 even strength points so far this year in a small game total.

With our bottom 6 rocking along nicely without Loui it makes sense to just leave the Pearson-Bo-Loui line alone until if/when the wheels come off it, but its not like its a flash thing, its three very experienced players doing their jobs well. 

Yeah, I don't get all the requests on here to have Loui moved down the lineup so that one of the 3rd line wingers could be moved up.  2nd line is good/great shutdown and producing, while the 3rd line is humming along nicely as well.  If he is playing with the big team, don't mess with it. 

Spoiler

And, perhaps he is playing with the big team to show he has value to make him easier to move later on

It is clear that Loui's cap hit is more than what we bargained for, but his contract gets easier to move after this year, especially after July's signing bonus is paid and there is 5M cash due compared to 12M in cap over the remaining 2 years (assuming it all works within his modified NTC, of course).  For now, he's definitely not hurting the team.  When it comes to next year - or more importantly the year after, when Petey gets paid - I trust Benning can find a way to make it work, presumably with Loui wearing a different sweater.

Maybe an equipment allergy??? :ph34r:

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

It's no surprise when the team is winning that the lines don't get "blended". It's a easy tactic to try and wake the team up if things aren't working so you will generally see it when the team isn't going.

6 minutes ago, Borderline Canuck said:

I was one of those Jake skeptics but he's won me over.  Green has done a real nicer job bringing him along.

Love the Bo, Pearson. Louie line.  They're developing great chemistry.  Kudos to Green again.

When I drink I want a new coach.  I want a new coach. :shock:

• Like 1

Huge wins (in regulation) in the last 3 games against divisonal opponents. Canucks looked fast and sharp against the Flames. I think Jake has finally got it, he's looking better every game, and now has more goals than Captain Horvat (1 behind Boeser). Impressive. Can't remember the last time the Canucks had a fully healthy D core at New Years. So healthy in fact, that Jordie Benn has been a healthy scratch. If they can remain relatively healthy down the stretch, I really like their playoff chances. Great goaltending, good D, offensive weapons, I like it.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, VEGETA said:

What a weekend. My first darling daughter was born on the 28th early in the morning.

Canucks win both games.

And the dolphins finished the season beating the patriots!!

Can that be topped?!?!

Missed both games but hey what an amazing time.

Congratulations. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1

27 minutes ago, VEGETA said:

What a weekend. My first darling daughter was born on the 28th early in the morning.

Canucks win both games.

And the dolphins finished the season beating the patriots!!

Can that be topped?!?!

Missed both games but hey what an amazing time.

That's awesome. Congrats to you and your significant other.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1