[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Calgary Flames | Dec. 29, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

4 minutes ago, coastal.view said:

don't read too much into that yet

a lot of 5 or plus goals games have inflated the + side for the nucks

but overall the nuck offense lacks consistency

good thing the team can improve in that area

You're on point. While we've seen the best Canucks hockey over the past couple of weeks, the team is still far from complete. Our offense needs more consistency and our defense could definitely use more structure.

But they should be able to hold down a playoff spot, if they bring the type of game they played against EDM and CGY every night. Go Nucks Go!

1 minute ago, Qwags said:

The best take from Cassie Campbell was when she mentioned the "AHL-quality" reffing and how the game missed the more veteran refs. 

Problem being, the ref she named was TIM &^@#ING PEEL. That's some galaxy brain level nonsense. I missed Cheech and Shorty.

I watched on spac and cheech and shorty called the game... what channel were you on?

3 minutes ago, 1-d said:

At least Rick Ball was a former Canucks pbp guy on the radio so I didn't mind too much. But yeah the commentator sounded like an AHL one throughout the game.

Dave Randolph used to be on Sports Page. And Jim Hughson. Once you leave the Canuck fold, you’re on the outside. Even Willy from Larry n Willy from CFOX and Jack is out here in Calgary now, but he’s not the same. Makes one appreciate John and John.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, 1-d said:

You're on point. While we've seen the best Canucks hockey over the past couple of weeks, the team is still far from complete. Our offense needs more consistency and our defense could definitely use more structure.

But they should be able to hold down a playoff spot, if they bring the type of game they played against EDM and CGY every night. Go Nucks Go!

Pro sports is about adjustments.  Great points !

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Qwags said:

The best take from Cassie Campbell was when she mentioned the "AHL-quality" reffing and how the game missed the more veteran refs. 

Problem being, the ref she named was TIM &^@#ING PEEL. That's some galaxy brain level nonsense. I missed Cheech and Shorty.

I drank a lot to get through this tonight, actually they killed my evening!

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

we could catch the Knights, we have 2 games at hand 2 points behind B)

I am really astonished, that we are only two points behind the Knights.  Only a few weeks ago, they were toying with our team but good on the team for making the necessary adjustments.  Hopefully, we have all our soldiers the next time we play them.

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1