The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Getting Domi

I really think its the missing piece to the team for a serious run.
The chemistry with Horvat would be fantastic.

Miller Pettersson Virtanen

Domi Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Pearson

Motte Beagle Sutter

What MTL need ? They were interested by Baertschi, so he would be part of the deal, but clearly not the starting point. 

Leivo (36 7-12 for 19), Baertschi and Fantenberg for Domi ? they dont have started the negociation talks and he s a pending RFA so ... 
By trading Fantenberg we make place for Tryamkin. 

Thoughts ? 

upgrade of Leivo?

upgrade of Fantenberg ? 

if MTL keeps the trend they will miss the playoffs, so instead they would want some A- / B+  prospect ? Rafferty could make them bite but its a overpayment if Domi walk away at the end of the season. 

EDIT : gentlemen gentlemen... take a breath. I proposed a very low trade idea on purpose. We re not talking about the value of Horvat or Boeser with friendly contracts. We re talking about a RFA with some inconsistencies, and I’m taking into consideration that MTL could be afraid letting him go for nothing if negotiation talks failed.

Edited by deus.ex.makina

23 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

I really think its the missing piece to the team for a serious run.
The chemistry with Horvat would be fantastic.

Miller Pettersson Virtanen

Domi Horvat Boeser

Roussel Gaudette Pearson

Motte Beagle Sutter

What MTL need ? They were interested by Baertschi, so he would be part of the deal, but clearly not the starting point. 

Leivo (36 7-12 for 19), Baertschi and Fantenberg for Domi ? they dont have started the negociation talks and he s a pending RFA so ... 
By trading Fantenberg
we make place for Tryamkin. 

Thoughts ? 

upgrade of Leivo?

upgrade of Fantenberg ? 

if MTL keeps the trend they will miss the playoffs, so instead they would want some A- / B+  prospect ? Rafferty could make them bite but its a overpayment if Domi walk away at the end of the season. 

You're offering spare parts, all of whom won't even make the Canucks next year, for one of Montreal's core players.

Any play for Domi would have to include the equivalent of a quality first round pick as a starting point. Montreal would probably be looking for someone like Podkolzin, although I don't think they would be willing to wait for him. They need solutions to their issues, NOW.

• Like 1

It will literally never happen.  The ONLY way you're getting Domi from MTL is if you're coughing up a huge package of pick/prospects.  Barring that you're looking at a pick, prospect and possibly Price's contract.

I am not saying Domi is worth anything like that, but MTL is not in a position where they can let him go without demanding a premium or sloughing off Price or Webers contract in the process

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It will literally never happen.  The ONLY way you're getting Domi from MTL is if you're coughing up a huge package of pick/prospects.  Barring that you're looking at a pick, prospect and possibly Price's contract.

I am not saying Domi is worth anything like that, but MTL is not in a position where they can let him go without demanding a premium or sloughing off Price or Webers contract in the process

Don't think I want to do this but would:

Virtanen - Erikson - Levo - Stetcher - rights to Tryamkin + 2nd round

get you Domi (resigned) and Weber?

Just establishing value -- not advocating for this.

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Bergevin is not interested in moving Price or Weber.  He told LeBrun that he is not even willing to listen. 

8 minutes ago, dm_ranger said:

Don't think I want to do this but would:

Virtanen - Erikson - Levo - Stetcher - rights to Tryamkin + 2nd round

get you Domi (resigned) and Weber?

Just establishing value -- not advocating for this.

Trash offer for Montreal 

• Cheers 2

another cdc proposal

nucks gets the one quality asset in the trade

other team gets a number our castoffs (a basketful, who cares if it impacts their 50 contract limit - montreal is already at 49 contracts so not sure how they can trade 1 player for 3)

if you are going to clutter the boards with a trade proposal.. please do the most basic of research so that the trade can actually work technically - this trade is not possible

otherwise, this is fine flawed trade proposal

you followed one of the cdc trade models

we get 1 real asset, they get a bunch of lesser ones

perfect

:wub:

Edited by coastal.view
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

If Montreal wanted to trade him. Maybe.  But they have no reason to move him. So that offer wouldn’t move the needle.  

montreal media say they are frustrated with domi’s inconsistancy and selfish play. the team may not feel that way.  he is a fa next season i believe and they might not to want to pay him what he might want.  montreal media said they would want a first and someone that can play for them now.

5 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

montreal media say they are frustrated with domi’s inconsistancy and selfish play. the team may not feel that way.  he is a fa next season i believe and they might not to want to pay him what he might want.  montreal media said they would want a first and someone that can play for them now.

Montreal media are, by in large, a pack of ravenous dogs. I follow most of the actual good ones and none of them have even whispered a suggestion that Domi should be moved.  He’s RFA next year. Still under team control, and the team has plenty of cap space.  

You hear Tatar and Perry’s names. But I’ve yet to see anyone notable suggest moving Domi

(I don’t follow any of the francophone guys. So it could be them. But shocker. Them targeting an Anglo player)

Edited by qwijibo

20 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Montreal media are, by in large, a pack of ravenous dogs. I follow most of the actual good ones and none of them have even whispered a suggestion that Domi should be moved.  He’s RFA next year. Still under team control, and the team has plenty of cap space.  

You hear Tatar and Perry’s names. But I’ve yet to see anyone notable suggest moving Domi

(I don’t follow any of the francophone guys. So it could be them. But shocker. Them targeting an Anglo player)

i got that from the montreal blogger on hockey buzz. i don’t really know the real truth.