The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

10 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

ITS SUPPOSED TO BE NHL ALL STAR WEEKEND

Look, this is not really exciting at all... but let's not pretend that the All Star Week has ever been some sacred event. 

If this gets a bunch of 11yr old girls excited to play hockey, then it was worth it, because it is a throwaway event to begin with. 

Edited by Down by the River
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Davathor said:

WHAT IF women's professional hockey had less draw than the WHL and was a financial disaster for every team they had? WHAT IF it isnt inherent sexism, it just doesnt have the draw to be a nationally televised league.  

If? 

::D

I’m going to watch a Canada vs USA womens’ game in a week or so in Victoria, only because I’ve been invited out as a social thing, not because I find the product worth spending my money or time on. 

I suspect most of the hockey fans are in a similar spot. 

Nobody cares. Sorry ladies, Your hobby isn’t all that much of a career. No matter how much fake-up you can cake on under your lids, I doubt there’s a market thats going to pay to watch you guys play hockey unless you’re playing for a national team at a marquee event - even then, it’s not a viable career path.

Suck it up, princesses. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Davathor said:

I'll forgive you this time. As long as you've learned your lesson.

I have, there was a moment there where I was like hey, everyone deserves a chance. Then I remembered that that's just silly, you should only get what you deserve in life and not get gifted something you haven't earned

• Cheers 1