The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] All Star Weekend - Jan 24/25 2020 - Pettersson, Hughes, and Markstrom edition

Rate this topic

xereau

EPAY5OmVAAAPiD0?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Skills: 5:00pm Pacific FRI

Games: 5:15pm Pacific SAT

142GPzn.png

Here's the skills event outline:

Spoiler

Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater

Eight players will compete in the Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater. Each skater will be timed for one full lap around the rink. The skater may choose the direction of his lap and can be positioned a maximum of three feet behind the start line located on the penalty box side of the center red line. The skater must start on the referee's whistle and the timing clock will start when the skater crosses the start line. In the event of a clock malfunction, the official time will be recorded by the referee's stopwatch. The skater with the fastest time is the winner of the Bridgestone NHL Fastest Skater, and if there is a tie for the fastest time, the tied players will skate another lap to determine the winner.

Participants:

Jack Eichel, Buffalo Sabres
Nathan MacKinnon, Colorado Avalanche
Connor McDavid, Edmonton Oilers
Mathew Barzal, New York Islanders
Chris Kreider, New York Rangers
Anthony Duclair, Ottawa Senators
Travis Konecny, Philadelphia Flyers
Quinn Hughes, Vancouver Canucks

Bud Light NHL Save Streak

A minimum of four goalies and all 36 skaters will participate in the Bud Light NHL Save Streak™, a shootout grouped by division where goalies compete to make the most consecutive saves. Each goalie will face one opposing division and a minimum of nine scoring attempts. Each scoring attempt is officiated in accordance with NHL shootout rules and begins on the referee's whistle. Players from each division will shoot in numerical order, lowest to highest, with the divisional captain shooting ninth. A goalie's round at the Bud Light NHL Save Streak™ cannot end with a save - if the divisional captain's shot is saved, the goalie will continue to face shooters until a goal is scored. If the goalie makes a save on the divisional captain's shot, the order of shooters to follow is the same as the original order. The goalie with the longest consecutive save streak during his time in net is the winner of the Bud Light NHL Save Streak ™. If at the completion of the event there is a tie for the longest "save streak" the winning goalie will be determined by the total number of saves made in their round. If two or more goalies remain tied based on the total number of saves made then the tied goalies will compete in a sudden death round of "Goalie Goals."

Participants: 

David Rittich, Calgary Flames
Tristan Jarry, Pittsburgh Penguins
Jordan Binnington, St. Louis Blues
Andrei Vasilevskiy, Tampa Bay Lightning
Frederik Andersen, Toronto Maple Leafs
Jacob Markstrom, Vancouver Canucks
Braden Holtby, Washington Capitals
Connor Hellebuyck, Winnipeg Jets

Honda NHL Accuracy Shooting

Eight players will compete in the Honda NHL Accuracy Shooting, a timed event where a shooter is positioned 25 feet from the goal line and shoots pucks at target images that appear on an LED screen placed on the goal line. Time will start at the referee's whistle and each player will shoot pucks at the target images, which will disappear from the screen after being successfully hit. The clock stops when the player has successfully hit all target images. The player that hits all target images in the fastest time will be crowned the winner of the Honda NHL Accuracy Shooting. If there is a tie for the fastest time, the tied players will compete again to determine the winner.

Participants:

Jaccob Slavin, Carolina Hurricanes
Tyler Bertuzzi, Detroit Red Wings
Leon Draisaitl, Edmonton Oilers
Jonathan Huberdeau, Florida Panthers
Nico Hischier, New Jersey Devils
Tomas Hertl, San Jose Sharks
Alex Pietrangelo, St. Louis Blues
Mark Scheifele, Winnipeg Jets

Elite Women's 3-on-3 presented by adidas

Two teams -- American All-Stars and Canadian All-Stars -- each comprised of nine skaters and one goalie, will go head-to-head in the Elite Women's 3-on-3 presented by adidas. The 3-on-3 game will consist of two 10-minute periods, with a running clock. Teams will switch ends after the first period. All penalties will be "served" with a penalty shot being awarded to the player specifically fouled. 

American All-Stars (hometown):

D   Kacey Bellamy (Westfield, Mass.)
F   Alex Carpenter (North Reading, Mass.)
F   Kendall Coyne Schofield (Palos Heights, Ill.)
F   Brianna Decker (Dousman, Wis.)
F   Amanda Kessel (Madison, Wis.)
F   Hilary Knight (Sun Valley, Idaho)
F   Jocelyn Lamoureux-Davidson (Grand Forks, N.D.)
F   Annie Pankowski (Laguna Hills, Calif.)
G   Alex Rigsby Cavallini (Delafield, Wis.)
D   Lee Stecklein (Roseville, Minn.)

Canadian All-Stars (hometown):

F   Meghan Agosta (Ruthven, Ont.)
F   Mélodie Daoust (Valleyfield, Que.)
G   Ann-Renée Desbiens (La Malbaie, Que.)
D   Renata Fast (Burlington, Ont.)
D   Laura Fortino (Hamilton, Ont.)
F   Rebecca Johnston (Sudbury, Ont.)
F   Sarah Nurse (Hamilton, Ont.)
F   Marie-Philip Poulin (Beauceville, Que.)
F   Natalie Spooner (Scarborough, Ont.)
F   Blayre Turnbull (Stellarton, N.S.)

Enterprise NHL Hardest Shot

A minimum of four players will compete in the Enterprise NHL Hardest Shot™. Each player will attempt two shots measured in miles per hour (mph), with the highest speed of their two shots recorded. For each attempt, a single puck is positioned on the ice 30 feet from the center of the goal. Starting no further than the nearest blue line, the shooter may skate towards the puck and shoot it from its positioned spot into the goal. Shots must be on goal to be calculated and all shots are recorded by radar in miles per hour. If a puck enters the goal uncalculated due to a malfunction of the radar equipment, the shooter will be allowed an additional attempt. If the player breaks his stick he will be given another attempt. The player who records the fastest speed is the winner of the Enterprise NHL Hardest Shot™. If there is a tie for the fastest speed, the tied players will shoot again to determine the winner.

Participants:

Mark Giordano, Calgary Flames
Seth Jones, Columbus Blue Jackets
Shea Weber, Montreal Canadiens 
Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay Lightning
Elias Pettersson, Vancouver Canucks
John Carlson, Washington Capitals

Gatorade NHL Shooting Stars

Ten players -- eight NHL All-Stars, and one American Elite Women's All-Star team member and one Canadian Elite Women's All-Star team member -- will compete in the Gatorade NHL Shooting Stars. Players from the American and Canadian Elite Women's All-Star teams will be selected by social media vote. Players will be positioned on an elevated platform behind the goal, approximately 30 feet above the ice surface, where they will shoot pucks at a variety of targets located on the ice, with each target possessing different point values. One at a time, each player will attempt seven shots and earn points for each target hit. 

• Pucks that do not hit a target will earn no points. 
• Pucks that bounce, deflect, or otherwise ricochet onto or into a target will be counted for the highest scoring value they hit. 
• A puck that hits the face of a target then falls into the center will be scored as if it went directly into the center.
• A puck that hits the center and bounces out will be scored the point value of the center.
• A puck that bounces off the ice then up onto or into a target will be awarded the corresponding value. 
• A puck that hits the base of the target will not be awarded any points. 
• Players may hit the same target multiple times.

All scoring denominations will be decided by the on-ice officials. If at the completion of the event there is a tie for the highest score, players will shoot three pucks each to determine a winner. If the players remain tied after the three pucks, a sudden death "score-off" will occur.

Please note that special protective netting will be installed at Enterprise Center for the Gatorade NHL Shooting Stars.

Participants:
Women's Elite All-Star (CAN) -- TBD
Women's Elite All-Star (USA) -- TBD
David Pastrnak, Boston Bruins
Matthew Tkachuk, Calgary Flames
Patrick Kane, Chicago Blackhawks
Tyler Seguin, Dallas Stars
Brady Tkachuk, Ottawa Senators
David Perron, St. Louis Blues
Ryan O'Reilly, St. Louis Blues
Mitchell Marner, Toronto Maple Leafs

Notes for all 2020 NHL All-Star Skills presented by New Amsterdam Vodka Events: Prior to the event, the NHL Department of Player Safety will determine the players participating in each event and the order of participation. Number of players in each event is subject to change. The referee shall make all necessary rulings regarding the skills events. Participants for each event are subject to change.

The Blues and the city of St. Louis will host the 2020 Honda NHL® All-Star Weekend, from Jan. 24-25, including the 2020 NHL All-Star Skills™ presented by New Amsterdam Vodka on Friday, Jan. 24 (8 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. CT, NBCSN, CBC, SN, TVAS) and the 2020 Honda NHL® All-Star Game on Saturday, Jan. 25 (8 p.m. ET / 7 p.m. CT, NBC, CBC, SN, TVAS). The 2020 Honda NHL® All-Star Weekend marks the third time NHL All-Star activities will take place in St. Louis. The Blues previously hosted the event in 1970 and 1988, each at St. Louis Arena.

Fans can join the conversation by using the official hashtag #NHLAllStar. For more information on the 2020 Honda NHL All-Star Weekend, visit https://www.nhl.com/Fans/All-Star.

For the fifth straight season, the 2020 Honda NHL All-Star Game will feature a three-game tournament, played in a 3-on-3 format, showcasing teams from each NHL division competing for a $1 million winner-take-all prize pool.

STUFF...

Spoiler
EOclzQUU8AAopQZ?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EPARi04VAAAWOZN?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EPARjZ5UEAAY2bz?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EPARkMIU4AAFbH2?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EPAY5OjUEAA0xz6?format=jpg&name=4096x409

EPAY5OnUwAApDfi?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by xereau
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 2

Happy that Peteys in the hardest shot comp. More his style. Only forward too. I hope he’s right up there with them

Had to edit this. Since I’m so confusing to other people around here. 

I’m referring to this as oppose to the faster skater he was in last year. Obviously I’m just cheering for the guy and has a better chance in the hardest shot then faster skater. But obviously he’s more suited for accuracy comp.

Jeez

Edited by Devron44
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

Yeah, I despise the All Star game. It’s nothing more than a stupid cash grab by the NHL. Haven’t met one fan that actually looks forward to it. 

That being said, I wish our boys the best of luck, and I might watch the skills competition but won’t tune into the game. 

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

4 minutes ago, BlueDragon23 said:

Yeah, I despise the All Star game. It’s nothing more than a stupid cash grab by the NHL. Haven’t met one fan that actually looks forward to it. 

That being said, I wish our boys the best of luck, and I might watch the skills competition but won’t tune into the game. 

Well I respect how much hate you have towards the All-star game that you won't even bother watching one with the most Canucks in it.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Well I respect how much hate you have towards the All-star game that you won't even bother watching one with the most Canucks in it.

meh, i usually dont watch em, but might this time, think the last one i fully watched was with john scott, that was a great all-star show, bettman tryna sleaze his way to make him not be able too go to the all star game.

• Cheers 1

21 minutes ago, Bure2Win said:

Second year in a row they put Petey in the hardest shot contest instead of shooting accuracy?.........:picard:

He’s was in the fastest skater and stick handling competition. And his slap shot is 100 miles per hour

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

Just now, Brad Marchand said:

I might be in the minority of people who think it will be great to see Petey rip 100 mph clappers in front of some of the league's hardest shooters. If he can do it, will probably take some people around the league by surprise.

I think it’s awesome too. Obviously he would kill the accuracy competition. But knowing Competitive Pete, he’s gonna be bombing em as hard as he can 

44 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

I might be in the minority of people who think it will be great to see Petey rip 100 mph clappers in front of some of the league's hardest shooters. If he can do it, it will probably take some people around the league by surprise.

Agreed. Also I believe the players get to vote for which competitions they would like to participate in and the veteran players generally get first dibs.

I'm sure we'll see Petey in an All-Stay accuracy competition someday soon :)

2 hours ago, Devron44 said:

Happy that Peteys in the hardest shot comp. More his style. Only forward too. I hope he’s right up there with them

Yeah I was thinking that it's odd that he's with the likes of Shea Weber (6'4", 229 lbs), Victor Hedman (6'6" 223 lbs), John Carlson (6'3" 218 lbs), Seth Jones (6'4" 210) and Mark Giordano (6'1" 200 lbs).  Petey's tall but he's only 176 lbs, so it'd be a testament to his talent if he can beat these bigger and taller guys.    

• Cheers 3