The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Wayne Simmonds

1 hour ago, dontaylorforprez said:

On a different note, is there ANY indication Tryamkin will make a return? I’m all for getting hot an heavy about it but I ain’t busting prematurely if it’s just “hopes and dreams”...

Thing is, nothing has changed on that front for 2.5 years.  We all knew we'd have to wait.  And he's not going to start talking about returning to the Canucks while he is still playing for a KHL club, in fairness to his team and team mates. 

Suddenly, it seems like when the season started, all the local sports mouth pieces all arbitrarily decided that he will never return to Vancouver. Based on nothing. So it has leaked into the general sports fan's belief now too.  When Nikita and his agent have never changed their tune once. That he'd like to return to the NHL.

• Cheers 2

44 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

I’ve been cruising his IG looking for clues to no avail... thanks for that eh!

Best bet is looking through the Tryamkin thread. Posters are pretty good about digging up info like that and it gets posted there. And it's better than just my word. I could be wrong or remembering it wrong. :P 

31 minutes ago, kilgore said:

Thing is, nothing has changed on that front for 2.5 years.  We all knew we'd have to wait.  And he's not going to start talking about returning to the Canucks while he is still playing for a KHL club, in fairness to his team and team mates. 

Suddenly, it seems like when the season started, all the local sports mouth pieces all arbitrarily decided that he will never return to Vancouver. Based on nothing. So it has leaked into the general sports fan's belief now too.  When Nikita and his agent have never changed their tune once. That he'd like to return to the NHL.

This is the answer I was looking for. I have always been “pro-tram” I just never seen anything satin fb he was coming or planned to come back. Mix that with the constant babble (since the day he left) that he was either staying or coming back. I think I’ll hold my load till I see something from people not CDC lol... but seriously!

• Cheers 1

23 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

This is the answer I was looking for. I have always been “pro-tram” I just never seen anything satin fb he was coming or planned to come back. Mix that with the constant babble (since the day he left) that he was either staying or coming back. I think I’ll hold my load till I see something from people not CDC lol... but seriously!

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tryamkin-possible-return-canucks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-gm-benning-hasnt-ruled-out-possibility-of-tryamkin-rejoining-canucks/amp

First article has quotes from both Tram and his agent basically saying they view the changes in van positively, would like to return but purposely are holding off negotiations out of respect for his current team and concentrating on their season.

2nd link is much the same but some other agent comments that back up the 1st article.

I myself take everything with a grain of salt until its proven, but if the articles are worth anything it's a lil bit of reason to be very cautiously optimistic.

Edited by CrippledCanuck
  • Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, dontaylorforprez said:

scared oh no GIF by Boomerang Official

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, CrippledCanuck said:

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/nikita-tryamkin-possible-return-canucks

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nhl/vancouver-canucks/patrick-johnston-gm-benning-hasnt-ruled-out-possibility-of-tryamkin-rejoining-canucks/amp

First article has quotes from both Tram and his agent basically saying they view the changes in van positively, would like to return but purposely are holding off negotiations out of respect for his current team and concentrating on their season.

2nd link is much the same but some other agent comments that back up the 1st article.

I myself take everything with a grain of salt until its proven, but if the articles are worth anything it's a lil bit of reason to be very cautiously optimistic.

Thank you for this, there is (as you say) some cautionary optimism!

6 hours ago, aGENT said:

If we're sending back Baer and losing his salary for next year, I'm happy to send them a depth prospect 'future'.

Baer + redundant depth F prospect for Simmonds....sure. They get a 50/50 prospect and a guy that can bridge to their prospects for a guy that's scuffling with age related decline. We clear cap for next year and add a depth guy who may or may not get used for a playoff run.

Depth being...who though?  Gadjovich?  Keppen? Utunen?

I'd be ok shedding those names and Baertschi for whatever they wanted to give up.