The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Flames @ Canucks | 02.08.2020 - 7:00PM PST - CBC | Tkachuk the Mutant NHL Turtle

Rate this topic

Brad Marchand

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

That's the Randorf effect though. Can't blame him about his kid. 100% of fathers would do the same and he barely gets to watch him play live as much as he wants to because of his job.

It's nothing major.

Yeah, but maybe the network shouldn't be assigning him to games involving his kid against Vancouver.  It's not a good look, but nothing new for a network that considers MacLean and Randorf's conduct acceptable. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

Yeah, but maybe the network shouldn't be assigning him to games involving his kid against Vancouver.  It's not a good look, but nothing new for a network that considers MacLean and Randorf's conduct acceptable. 

I don't remember ever listening to him while playing Boston. 

4 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Some tidbits from Lames fans at calgarypuck:

amid all the negativity and malaise, there's still a game to be played tonight and a thread to be started. Damn, it's tough to be a fan these days.

Tough game for the Flames. Canucks have a built a solid team, deep up front, a stud 20 year old dman, good goaltending and a better coach. Benning’s work has been impressive, slowly building this team and with all their best players being under 25 they are set for awhile. Hopefully the Flames give them a competitive game.

Expecting a loss. Or the flames show up and win the only way they know how, by the skin of their teeth,in a shootout. If pettersson back, flames give up 4+ and score less than 2. 
So frustrating, I hate years where I hate the flames team.

Team is in disarray. No one wants to be a Calgary Flame these days. Sad.

I'm in full on apathy mode at this point. Hoping for a win of course, but I'm skeptical they can even put together 40 minutes of decent hockey. I guess we'll see what they're made of. 
Hate to admit it, but the Canucks have a good team this year and have no problem scoring goals. This has all the makings of a disaster for the Flames tonight.

I have 0 faith in this team. The coming week is likely to decide whether they’re a buyer or seller at the deadline. Hopefully they can get their act together but I’m not holding my breath.

I can hear the calgary lames fans crying from here!!  Lovelyl. 

On the flip side they take pleasure in drinking all the tears the people who cry about not drafting Tkachuk make.

I don't know about the forums but it wouldn't be a stretch. I see that between my friends at least. One of my buddies can't not drafting Tkachuk go and a couple of my buds who are Lames fans definitely take pleasure in it.

9 minutes ago, RJ Fletcher said:

They pull your hair up, but not out!

Great to hear it’s been renewed for another season. Hopefully with like 45 episodes!

That’s awesome news!

The bones are their dollars, so are the worms. Hahahahahaha!

Edited 2 minutes ago by Phi

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

On the flip side they take pleasure in drinking all the tears the people who cry about not drafting Tkachuk make.

I don't know about the forums but it wouldn't be a stretch. I see that between my friends at least. One of my buddies can't not drafting Tkachuk go and a couple of my buds who are Lames fans definitely take pleasure in it.

I couldn't be happier that we didn't draft that gutless coward.  Character matters and I'm grateful Benning realized just how pitiful of an excuse for a man Tkachuk is.  Hopefully MacEwen sends him to the hospital after he turtles yet again.

• Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

I couldn't be happier that we didn't draft that gutless coward.  Character matters and I'm grateful Benning realized just how pitiful of an excuse for a man Tkachuk is.  Hopefully MacEwen sends him to the hospital after he turtles yet again.

Yeah usually I remind them how well the 18 year old Sam Bennett is doing and remind them how "Hitman Legend" Jake Virtanen is doing.

anyone catch the Lucic interview? the stupid Lames reporters asking Lucic and their coach who was with the Bruins org about their memories of the 2011 championship in this city... like how is this even relevant 9 years later?? 

20 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

...of all Benning's oversights, the choice of OJ over MT may well go down as his most egregious. But time will tell...... 

Just now, reyezone said:

...of all Benning's oversights, the choice of OJ over MT may well go down as his most egregious. But time will tell...... 

How about we wait until OJ plays for us?  His skill set was always going to require patience, and you can't blame Benning for the injuries.  He also doesn't have MT's character issues.

1 hour ago, King Heffy said:

Went downhill once they brought in the No Age Statement ones named after the colour.  IMO Glendronach tastes closer to the old MacAllan than their current offerings.

Agreed, and if you want Peaty, go for Ardbeg 10. Bit pricey compared to other 10s but awesome flavor and value.