The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Feb 10 2020 - 7pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

3 hours ago, Canucklehead53 said:

Our Power Play has been aweful… thankfully we have a chance to bump up our stats against the Preds B)

In all honesty though, I am not holding my breathe even though the Preds have not done well against our PP this year.

Lets get a WIN!!

do the preds have a Vesina quality AHL goalie with a season gga above 4?

that could be a tough game for our guys

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What makes this game the most important game of the season?

Frankly, I'm thinking that you spread out the starts and not burn out your starter.

Canucks have a 4 day break after the Chicago game, so it should be fine.  If I had to choose between Nashville and Chicago, I would give Demko the Chicago start.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Hogs & Podz said:

Going to the game tonight folks!  Soooo stoked!   I'll try to send some pics.  I think the boys are going to win this one... Will be a great character win!  I just know they're going to come out flying!

Go canucks go!

:towel:

that come out flying thing never seems to work for the Canucks, remember last game?

scored 34 seconds in,

then napped for 59:26

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, IBatch said:

That's for sure.  Really like Markstrom, he's been one of our MVPs to date no doubt.  I feel like fans in this market forgot what a number one goalie is supposed to do for us, that is give the guys a chance each game and steal the odd one nothing more.  He isn't considered elite outside of this market, and rightly so.  Most team number ones have done and do what he does game in game out - many for a lot lot longer.   Smith for example.  OT Anderson in OTT - or even Howard in Detroit.    Yes he is left exposed - but we also have a team that's capable of scoring five goals on any given night too.  

IMO we were spoiled a bit when Luongo was here so maybe expectations are a bit high and I'm hoping Markstrom gets re-signed and is maybe on par with McLean while he was here and has a couple Vezina worthy seasons.   However part of me worries we end up with ok but not stellar goaltending like we had during the WCE years - and for that reason they (management) really need to be sure.  Demko is miles ahead of where Markstrom was at the same age - play him more.  We won't really know what we've got unless we do.  Samsanov is making Holtby irrelevant - maybe Demko can do to the same.   Yes Markstrom is better then he used to be - but he's not elite (yet anyways).    Elite goalies get 5-10 shutouts no matter the shot count or who's playing in front of them.  

I agree with your post 100. Markys can barely ever get a shutout and made the allstar team by default. Solid goalie but not close to elite.

I really worry we resign him to a longterm contract and pay him north of 6mill. Hes worth 5-5.5mill.

Honestly if Marky wants a longterm deal thn im ready to dangle him or package him and get that 1st round pick back.

But i get the feeling they will resign Marky longterm and flip Demko because we got Dipietro brewing in the minors.

1 hour ago, HKSR said:

He actually didn't save time at all.  With T-Lind he had to press the shift key twice, as well as using a symbol in "-".  With simply typing Linden, he would have been much better off as he would have only pressed the shift key once and would have skipped the symbol keys completely. 

True story.

that maybe all true, but I thought he was talking about Cole Lind and I spent equally as much time trying to figure out his code

my loss