The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Preds @ Nucks Feb 10 2020 - 7pm Pacific - SNET

Rate this topic

xereau

7 minutes ago, xereau said:

Here's the team identity we've been looking for guys. :picard:

The sad part is no one in that clip even used egregious effort or used supernatural strength to rough up EP. It just takes a specific mentality to play that way. Unfortunately, whether it systemic or personal, we don't have anyone who wants to engage that way against other teams.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trebreh said:

As I predicted, we dress size against a non hated divisional rival to show the fans our "toughness" after getting exposed last game. 

Hey, size ain't everthing!  At at least that's what I delude myself into thinking as I look at my two inch errrrr....

• Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

Just now, Timbermen said:

Utica doesn't play again till Wednesday, might as well get a practise in. Also good for him soak up some of the Sedin magic tonight. 

Makes sense... I am just glad he is trending in the right direction health-wise.... his play and tempo provides a much needed spark .. I wonder what the easiest way to found out the team's record with him in the lineup 

3 minutes ago, Timbermen said:

Utica doesn't play again till Wednesday, might as well get a practise in. Also good for him soak up some of the Sedin magic tonight. 

Ferland BETTER be watching these games and foaming at the mouth knowing he can provide something that is missing.

1 hour ago, Viper007 said:

Most important game of the season ..... you go with the goalie that you're hitching your wagon to.  If the canucks had a bigger lead in the standings, I'm sure that Demko would've gotten this game.

Yeaht that was last game against calgary and marky let in 3 goals on 11 shots.  He's lost 3 in a row.  Why Demko is not in net I have no idea.

11 minutes ago, xereau said:

Here's the team identity we've been looking for guys. :picard:

As much as I don't like our lack of pushback lately, I think this is the type of rough treatment Petey needs. He can't feel too comfortable out there, that every single hack and whack is going to result in a penalty. In the playoffs, where refs put away the whistles, you can either man up and also play rough, or cry and pout over every single whack, which has and will always be part of the game.

Petey seems to also be retaliating as well to some of these rough incidents. That's good, he needs to also learn to stick up for himself, and not be afraid to show some grit and pushback himself. Too many times I see Petey just falling all over the ice looking at the refs for a penalty. It's quite pathetic really.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2

11 minutes ago, lmm said:

I have been watching a lot of Raps games lately.

I think Nick Nurse is awesome, 

Kind of the exact opposite of Green

https://www.nba.com/raptors/video/teams/raptors/2020/02/01/3048336/1580525450089-nba-web-200131-nurserawdigital-3048336

Yeah, pretty amazing, what Nurse and Masai, had done despite the roster turnovers.

Hoping, for a win and two points closer to a playoff berth. GCG!

Edited by ShawnAntoski

Just now, Qwags said:

I see we're at the "Marky is overrated" stage of the season. Maybe Green is trying to get to the playoffs, so he's playing his starting goalie. No 200 IQ plays, it's that simple.

I hope Markstrom doesn't get burned out though. The guy is far too important to this team, propping up the still shambolic defense.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Trebreh said:

As I predicted, we dress size against a non hated divisional rival to show the fans our "toughness" after getting exposed last game. Then when we play Calgary again, the same old vets will draw in.

Watson is expected to draw back in for Nashville after being healthy scratched 3 games - he's going to have to bring physicality if he wants to stay in the lineup.  Leads their team in hits and is not afraid to fight.  

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I hope Markstrom doesn't get burned out though. The guy is far too important to this team, propping up the still shambolic defense.

My concerns exactly. We're not exactly in the "stretch" run just yet and that's when we'll need Marky the most.  I'd rather see Demko get in a few more games than he currently has been seeing.

• Cheers 1

13 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I'm ok with re-signing Markstrom, he's made me a believer - a good teammate and close to a top ten goalie which is all you need come playoffs.   I doubt Demko is ready to take over and have made many posts suggesting he's going to be bait come the ED - a Holtby/Demko tandem is perfect for any team.

With the ED looming JB would be lucky to get much from either goalie as ever team adjusting for it.   TO was in the market and we did nothing which is a good indicator that trades just aren't available.   It is what it is and I accept it.   Going forward the best thing we as fans can do is embrace it - but I don't have blinders on - and pay attention to who's also playing and how they are doing.   There are a half dozen goalies right now cutting their teeth in this league - both COL goalies - Rittich - Jarrey this years Binnington etc.   Markstrom has also made and impact and proving legit.   Think that the remaining games and whatever happens in the playoffs will determine everything.   In the meantime I'm hoping for a lot of succes for both our guys - it's a good tandem. 

lol stat wise markstrom is not even close to a top 10 goalie... he's 16 in sv% and 25th in gaa for goalie that played 20 or more games.. his stats is worse than cam freaking talbot.. and andy dell in SJ.. i don't see where all the man crush on Markstrom comes from.. yes he's playing good.. enough for the canucks to get a few extra wins here and there but i fail to see how hes the teams MVP... if he's that great like a lot of you are suggesting his stats should suggest it regardless of the W/L record... i mean since he took over the starting job from Miller.. his goals against been going up every year... with the save % barely improved... and no matter how you look at it.. this years defense>>>>>>>>last couple years defense.. but some how he's giving up more goals.. he's given up 4+ goals 10x this year.. and 3+ goals 20x this year... hardly the sign of a top 10 goaltender..so that means 1 in every 4 games he starts they need to score 5+ to have a chance to win.. and 50% of the games they needed to score 4+ to win.. we all know this team lacks consistent secondary scoring.. and with things tightening up for the stretch run.. if our scoring dries up.. it could derail the season really fast unless markstrom can stand on his head and give up 2 goals or less in say 75% of the games he start the rest of the way which he still haven't been able to show in his career yet keeping the goals against down

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1

9 minutes ago, Odd. said:

As much as I don't like our lack of pushback lately, I think this is the type of rough treatment Petey needs. He can't feel too comfortable out there, that every single hack and whack is going to result in a penalty. In the playoffs, where refs put away the whistles, you can either man up and also play rough, or cry and pout over every single whack, which has and will always be part of the game.

Petey seems to also be retaliating as well to some of these rough incidents. That's good, he needs to also learn to stick up for himself, and not be afraid to show some grit and pushback himself. Too many times I see Petey just falling all over the ice looking at the refs for a penalty. It's quite pathetic really.

this is not the play offs, refs made a joke of last game, not calling anything that was happening to Petey, last time I checked a slew foot and slashing were penalties. then the refs added insult to injury calling a penalty on Petey.  I know you can't call everything but ignoring what has been happening to him was wrong.  Petey is not a diver !!!!   

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

9 minutes ago, Qwags said:

I see we're at the "Marky is overrated" stage of the season. Maybe Green is trying to get to the playoffs, so he's playing his starting goalie. No 200 IQ plays, it's that simple.

Not overrated, over-played.  Green's job likely  depends on a playoff appearance.  A shame.to see.him possibly burn out Marky to achieve that.  Everyone knows Marky plays better when rested and tired goalies often get injured.  Feels like mismanagement of an asset.