The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

Again, Barrie is fine when paired with a quality defensive defenseman. But if we lose Tanev, we lack that player and already need one to watch the back of Hughes.

I strongly feel we need another scoring D, but not as a replacement to the only good defensive blueliner we have. Besides, I expect Rafferty to push hard next camp and we also have Rathbone as an option soon.

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

Edler - Barrie

Hughes - Tanev

Juolevi - Myers

In my eyes, that would be an improvement over last year

Would look gnarly. Barrie probably nets 50+ points play on #1 unit with Hughes.

Would have to shed 1-2 guys though. Sutter/Benn/Baer.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

I can’t wait for this guy to sign somewhere else. Not a fan. Doesn’t help us at all. If we had more defensive stability I would be ok with adding him. I just don’t see it but maybe I’m wrong 

On a short term deal he can’t make us any worse.

Our D needs changes, we just don’t have the personnel to improve from within.

Just now, Teemu Selänne said:

Yep. Sounds like Benning is in a tough spot clearing any cap, I guess we'll see

If he's not willing to give up picks then it'll be impossible. Maybe you can shed Benn for nothing but everyone else will cost something.

Just now, DeNiro said:

On a short term deal he can’t make us any worse.

Our D needs changes, we just don’t have the personnel to improve from within.

We have the personnel to improve quite a bit just not this year. Looking forward to OJ getting some minutes. I would just hate to lose Tanev and sign him to replace him. I think our defence would be worse 

Just now, Devron44 said:

We have the personnel to improve quite a bit just not this year. Looking forward to OJ getting some minutes. I would just hate to lose Tanev and sign him to replace him. I think our defence would be worse 

As it stands our 3rd pair is gonna look worse short term even if we re-sign Tanev. Juolevi will be playing with another youngster or Benn.

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

The idea is to sign both.

Offensive guy paired with a defensive guy. That’s how some of our most successful pairings have been set up.