The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Canucks interested in Tyson Barrie

brian42

1 minute ago, Coconuts said:

Better them than us

He likely views is at an opportunity to put up a pile of points and cash in next offseason 

All about opportunity.

With Klefbom out he would be QBing their power play.

He wouldn’t be taking that away from Hughes here.

3 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Let's goooooooo

I see... the problem with our defence last year was that it wasn’t very good at preventing goals.

So clearly the answer is to hope the opposition gets some sort of repetitive stress injury like carpal tunnel syndrome from shooting so often?

Swapping out Tanev and Stecher for Barrie and Rafferty doesn’t exactly scream defensive responsibility to me.  If we want more offence from the back end, Rafferty is an upgrade on Stecher... but it doesn’t work if we don’t have anyone in the top 4 to play defence.  Who would be our PK guys? Edler and Myers would be ridden like rented mules until the got hurt a month into the season... 

On the plus side, with a D like this, Demko’s goals stats are going to be so bad that he won’t be in for much of a raise as an RFA.

Just now, Provost said:

I see... the problem with our defence last year was that it wasn’t very good at preventing goals.

So clearly the answer is to hope the opposition gets some sort of repetitive stress injury like carpal tunnel syndrome from shooting so often?

Swapping out Tanev and Stecher for Barrie and Rafferty doesn’t exactly scream defensive responsibility to me.  If we want more offence from the back end, Rafferty is an upgrade on Stecher... but it doesn’t work if we don’t have anyone in the top 4 to play defence.  Who would be our PK guys? Edler and Myers would be ridden like rented mules until the got hurt a month into the season... 

On the plus side, with a D like this, Demko’s goals stats are going to be so bad that he won’t be in for much of a raise as an RFA.

Looks like Barrie is an Oiler

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

All about opportunity.

With Klefbom out he would be QBing their power play.

He wouldn’t be taking that away from Hughes here.

He probably figures teams will be better prepared next time round and would pile up points feeding McDavid and Draisaitl in the meantime 

And exactly

6 minutes ago, Pavel the Bure said:

Sami Vatanen  

I want him , Benning make this happen 

I also like Vatanen as a signing but we need more deterrents on the blueline than small(ish) finesse players. 

Edited by CanuckMe
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

well, forget that lol

EDM and CGY are getting better. Geez, when they said the VAN window is open now, I didn't think it would close so soon

Not closed, but a step back next season was always a real possibility given the cap tied up

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Im curious to see who they will pair for the tough matchups /shutdown minutes.  Edler better stay healthy.

I get that they would want to improve their right side D.... Im just hoping there is a plan b that doesnt involve waiting a couple of years.

Just now, Whalespray said:

Soooo Barrie???

Most high octane D in the league??? 

Hughes Myers

Edler Barrie

Rathbone Tryamkin

Juolevi Raff

I mean thats 4 pairings of run and gun offensive onslaught. Gonna win big or lose big there is no inbetween.

You must have missed him signing in Edmonton 

4 minutes ago, Provost said:

Here's Raffertys own take on his "defensive deficiencies" ...

“So, I think part of the reason why some people may look at my defensive game as a liability is because there’s really no room for that argument on the offensive side of my game this year. They don’t have an argument for the offensive side so they try to find something on the defensive side that they don’t like. I think I’m a well-rounded defenceman and I take pride in my defensive game. I continue to work on it every year and I think every season that goes by I’ve adjusted, watched video, asked the coaching staff and other players what I need to do to get better on the defensive side of the puck. Every year I see progression so I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing.”

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I think a lot of GM's are seeing the writing on the wall in terms of economics.

Players hoping for a pay day will be lucky to be playing at all.

Some GMs will be able to pick up studs for cheap I think.

Yup, there's only so much money available.  Might be interesting to see who's still out there without a seat when the music stops.

1 hour ago, Canuckster86 said:

I think they wanted to add a PMD over retaining Tanev, not many left so let's see what happens...

Dhaliwal reports we are still after Stecher.... cheaper option than Barrie for sure... I just don't wanna see 3 small D-men in the line-up with Hughes, Stecher and Barrie...