The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Toronto Maple Leafs | Feb. 29, 2020

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, canuck2288 said:

Jb brought us to the dance 

Marky has stood on his head and stole games, was that Green’s doing? 

Green and his “staff” are incompetent 

Without Marky here to steal more games for us Green is being exposed for the coach he is.

Edited by Dumb Nuck
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Agreed that Green needs to change things up.

Sutter might need to play 3rd C and switch Gaud to wing. Really disappointed in Roussel this year, Mac should be in for him. Put Gaud/Jake with Bo and move Eriksson down since at least he can play D. Might want to call up an AHL guy, i'd rather see an AHL guy than Roussel which isn't a good thing.

I think we need to split up Hughes and Tanev. Need more out of all of our D. Myers isn't good with Fanta and he plays a lot better with Hughes. Tanev can and should be used more defensively at this point.

Most important thing is Demko finding some consistency. He looks like a young Markstrom out there letting in softies and making big saves. We NEED him to be better. 

4 minutes ago, Tracksuit said:

No canucks hit. They turn off or dump it in so they don’t get hurt. 
the foundational sutter effect. 

I expect Horvat, Miller, Pearson, Virtanen, Gaudette, Roussel, Motte, Beagle, Edler, Fantenberg to friggin hit!

And it starts with your captain......if he doesn't give a $hit...then why should anyone else?

• Cheers 4

4 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

It’s very frustrating how Greener limits offense from the Horvat line because of Erikkson. Because of Erikkson they have to play as a shutdown line. Get Erikkson off the F’n roster. We need 2 scoring lines. Get Sutter back as the 3rd ctr and make that a shutdown line. I’d like to see 

Motte Sutter MacEwen/Rousell as the shutdown line.

Motte and Sutter...  okay, however MacEwen and Roussell are terrible defensively.  They've both been on lines that have been getting hemmed in for what has seemed like eternity on some nights.  

The other factor is that the other team's top line will be out there for 20 minutes a night...  so now you're spending 20 minutes with Motte, Sutter and whoever else you put on there.  Not a lot of time left over for our best players.  

Anyways, not a bad idea, just something to consider. 

Edited by VancouverHabitant

5 minutes ago, NaveJoseph said:

Demko needs to stop letting in two goals early.

TBH I really liked DiPietro in camp and I really wouldn't mind seeing him in tomorrow s game but ain't gonna happen. I mean if we keep losing with these early goals maybe.

26 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Well, they pissed that opportunity away. Green's road record as a coach is brutal.

So far in the West only the 3 California teams did worse on the road this season. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Without Mark here to steal more games for us Green is being exposed for the coach he is.

I mean cmon, he said they played great. 10 shots after 30 minutes. Wow. How about score first. Is it that hard to ask for a couple of games where you score first? Road record is atrocious.

Edited by Canuckfanforlife82

3 minutes ago, Canuckfanforlife82 said:

I am sorry sometimes you have to step up and call it like it is. Show some emotion.

Yeah you don’t need to throw players under the bus like willie would but the team as a whole has no accountability If the coach is telling them the played good. 
I like those that say when markstrom steals games “it’s a team game” but now it’s Demko “ crapped the bed” huh what happen to the “ team game” 

Edited by Tracksuit

Just now, VancouverHabitant said:

Motte and Sutter...  okay, however MacEwen and Roussell are terrible defensively.  They've both been on lines that have been getting hemmed in for what has seemed like eternity on some nights.  

The other factor is that the other team's top line will be out there for 20 minutes a night...  so now you're spending 20 minutes with Motte, Sutter and whoever else you put on there.  Not a lot of time left over for our best players.  

Big Mac is faster than LE. He can get back faster.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

TBH I really liked DiPietro in camp and I really wouldn't mind seeing him in tomorrow s game but ain't gonna happen. I mean if we keep losing with these early goals maybe.

DiPietro is staying where he belongs in Utica to get the minutes he needs to develop, the team has already confirmed this. 

Demko makes every saves look difficult...it seems like the puck may goes in every time the other team shoots.  

When Marky is playing, we seem to have taken solid goaltending for granted, it is funny how Marky is actually proving himself to be the MVP while he is not playing!

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

Leivo is an underrated loss too imo. So good down low & has a knack for scoring tough goals. I've harped on Loui alot but you really notice the difference without Leivo as the games get tougher.

Edit: Boeser also adds an element of strength & ability in the tough areas that makes Petey better too. Would be so nice to see both him & Toffoli but we might never see it. 

Oh for sure. Leivo isn't bad defensively and provides solid secondary scoring. If we had him and Boeser back would make us extremely deep at RW.

Loui isn't bad defensively as well but he's void of offense. Better than Roussel though, doesn't PK, shouldn't be on PP, doesn't hit as much as he should. Mac should be in instead of him.

1 minute ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Don't see Dipietro coming up. Here's hoping Domingue plays well.
Demko has shown promise. I think he's just a little nervous cause Markstrom is out. 

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

And if we make the playoffs will you shut your yap about it until next season at least? 

Half the teams make the playoffs, if that’s your bar for him then that’s sad, we have a much better team than just making the playoffs, just not the coach to have success with.

• Wat 2

1 minute ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I think Green is trying to protect his team.

Young group, can't be blasting them all the time. Were still in a good spot, can't get too low right now - gotta keep pushing through.

That, or we are watching different teams.

Laughable how many take what he says to the media to heart. So much for an “intelligent Canadian fan base” 

• Upvote 1